The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

View Poll Results: Which Trigger to Buy?
Fostech Echo 22 66.67%
Franklin BFS 9 27.27%
Tac Con 3MR 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 8, 2016, 09:17 AM   #76
peggysue

Not looking so good...got this reply when I asked are they legal in all the States.
Franklin has a list of states that can be sold ONLY to law enforcement only as each state have the description differently than Federal description of a Machine gun.
Basically they gave me a non committal answer. My local law enforcement would not even know what a binary trigger is. Interesting how they do not know the laws yet want my $200.

http://nyfirearms.com/forums/laws-po...ng-system.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/186...rigger___.html

Leigh,

We do not see any state laws that would prohibit the Echo Trigger.

However we recommend you check with your local law enforcement.

Thanks,

F o s T e c H
8620 N. US HWY 31
Seymour, IN 47274
Office: 812.445.4028
Fax: 812.445.4019
Toll Free: 855-5FOSTECH

Last edited by peggysue; November 8, 2016 at 10:23 AM.
Old November 18, 2016, 07:52 PM   #77
RickDorn

nomad636,

Has your echo trigger shipped yet? I think we're all eager to see proof that it exists.
Old November 18, 2016, 08:48 PM   #78
nomad636

You and me both my man. I'm still waiting. Last I heard on a Thursday when I called was that it was to ship out next week. I was told that some have already shipped... but mine hadn't. I will keep y'all updated.

So... I ordered a suppressor after I ordered this trigger... and I'm thinking I may get my form 4 approved before I get the trigger in.

Unless of course.... you can end him from a further distance.
Old November 19, 2016, 11:16 AM   #79
peggysue

Found this You tube on AR15.com Franklin BSF3 vs the competitions... Funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z7T...ature=youtu.be
Old November 19, 2016, 01:23 PM   #80
nomad636

Hahahahahaha that pretty much sums it up.

Old November 21, 2016, 11:46 AM   #81
nomad636

Shipping Update......

Here is the update that I received this morning from Judd Foster with Fostech.

Quote:

Judd Foster
9:53 AM (47 minutes ago)

to me

You are an early Echo Guy being that your deposit was in February. I would say that by early December you should have your Echo in your hands.

Thank you,

Judd Foster
FosTecH
Office: 812-445-4028
Fax: 812-445-4019
[email protected]
“Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty, teeth and keystone under independence…From the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable….The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference—they deserve a place of honor with all that is good….” George Washington
Quote:
To: Judd Foster <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Invoice from FOSTECH

Hi Judd,

I gave final payment on 11/4/16 and received a shipping / tracking number.... but it hasn't been shipped yet.
Any idea when I should expect to see it ship out and have updated tracking information?

Thanks so much,

Old November 26, 2016, 06:02 AM   #82
peggysue

There is a new Binary Trigger in town...www.digitrigger.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSyc_WfIC_8

Last edited by peggysue; November 26, 2016 at 06:19 AM.
Old November 28, 2016, 01:40 PM   #83
Skans

I'm not too sure about the electronic trigger, interesting but I try to avoid relying on anything battery operated.

On another note, I would like to know how Fostech provides a tracking number for something that hasn't shipped and probably won't ship for at least a month? All I can say is their product better be phenomenal to get folks to forget about they way they have handled the debut of their system from a customer service perspective.
Old December 1, 2016, 08:54 AM   #84
nomad636

Well guys (and Ladies) it looks like we finally have some movement......

Trigger in Packaging.jpg

Consultant Letter 1.jpg

Consultant letter 2.jpg

Old December 1, 2016, 12:54 PM   #85
RickDorn

Just saw them reply on Facebook.
"Echo Triggers are now shipping. Our apologies for the delay but am proud to say they are now being shipped. We do apologize for the delays and even more for the lack of updates for our customers. We will be checking our Facebook on a regular basis and again apologize for the lack of information that has been out there. First Echos shipped on 11/29/2016"

I'd attach the picture they posted but this forum only allows for pictures less than 244k which is ridiculous.

Things look promising! I almost canceled yesterday too.
Old December 1, 2016, 05:09 PM   #86
peggysue

Darn do I want one but i do not want to be a beta tester.
Old December 1, 2016, 05:12 PM   #87
Skans

That's an interesting piece of engineering. I'd like to see it out of the package. Looks like it is nickel coated? I put my deposit down in March, so hopefully I get an email from Fostech shortly too.
Old December 1, 2016, 06:39 PM   #88
kp4e

Check the Fostech Page, looks like they started shipping orders Dec 1, 2016.
Looks like the wait is getting shorter!
Old December 6, 2016, 01:10 PM   #89
rwagliardo

Echo Trigger

Has anyone received one yet?
Old December 6, 2016, 02:21 PM   #90
nomad636

I'm still waiting for mine... but if you will search youtube there are several videos popping up from people who have received theirs.

Old December 8, 2016, 10:03 AM   #91
nomad636

UPDATE

My trigger has shipped. It is schedule for delivery tomorrow sometime by UPS. I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for the weekend to go deer / hog hunting here in Texas... so I have asked UPS to hold the package so that I can pick it up at their facility before I leave for the weekend.

I'm hoping to run this sucker through the paces on a herd of feral hogs. If I do, I will be filming with my go pro... and will upload the video to youtube so that yall can see it in action.

PS.... if you can't tell.... I'm freaking stoked.

Old December 8, 2016, 05:04 PM   #92
peggysue

Looking forward to you input. Now I will have to order one. Darn it. Congrats.
Old December 11, 2016, 08:45 AM   #93
nomad636

Well, I can say that this trigger is wonderful and well worth the wait. I'm coming to you from a deer blind in East TX right now so I won't do a full write up yet but I will once I get to a computer.

Please use the link below to see my first shots with the Fostech Echo Trigger.

https://youtu.be/udjiw42Rt58

Old December 12, 2016, 10:27 AM   #94
nomad636

Ok, here is a brief write up of my thoughts regarding the Echo trigger.

1) The installation was a piece of cake. Hands down the easiest trigger I've ever installed. I believe that it took me a whole 3 minutes and that includes removing the original trigger which was a Geissele SD3G.

2) The ambi-safety is nice. The off side of the safety is small so that it doesn't interfere while shooting but it is nice and functional. That being said, I've seen some people complaining about how "stiff" their safety is and my thoughts on this is that they have over-tightened it up with the Allen screw. I took mine to snug and it seemed to be the right tension.

3) In Semi-Auto mode the trigger has a nice approx 4lb pull. I don't have a trigger scale to verify that but it felt comparable to my Hiperfire 24C with the heavy springs. It breaks nicely although there is a little bit of takeup. The over-travel is minimal and less than a standard milspec trigger.

4) In Echo mode the trigger pull is a little heavier, maybe 5lbs? When you pull the trigger it is still crisp although there is a little more takeup than in semi. The release of the trigger feels a little gritty but I believe that has to do with the disconnect. I feel like if the disconnect were polished it would feel a lot smoother. I'm hoping that after a few hundred rounds it will wear in nicely.

5) You have to pull the trigger all the way back to get it to release fire. IF YOU DON'T then you will release the trigger expecting it to fire... pull the trigger back again and it won't fire on the pull but the second release. This second cycling of the trigger feels a little gritty. As you can see in the videos below, this is what I'm experiencing when my cadence shifts from smooth double taps to a disjointed one. I'm operating the trigger again so that it will fire on the release.

6) This trigger is a lot of fun. I prefer using it for double taps vs. using it for simulated full auto. When doing a mag dump, the rifle is easy to control but you won't be nearly as accurate as if your doing controlled pairs. At 50yds with my Holosun Red Dot I was able to put both rounds on target in a 10" plate. When I tried a mag dump at 50 yds.... well, the first two rounds were on target but none of the others were. This muzzle rise was greatly alleviated with the use of a suppressor or quality muzzle brake.

7) This weekend we put approx 500 rds through the rifle both suppressed and unsuppressed. All in all, the trigger functioned flawlessly... except when I didn't do my part and didn't cycle it fully.

Well worth the wait!!! I didn't experience any hammer follow whatsoever and I won't expect to. If you don't want to fire the second round it is easy to negate by placing the rifle on safety.

I haven't had an opportunity to compare it to my buddies BFS trigger yet, but once I do I will place a video on Youtube and update this thread.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask away.

https://youtu.be/udjiw42Rt58

https://youtu.be/TPekerug2R4

Old December 13, 2016, 03:24 PM   #95
peggysue

Thank you for the review.
Old December 14, 2016, 12:33 PM   #96
djbuzzard

New dude on board...I now have both since my Echo trigger got here the other day. I have had inconsistent results with the BFS but I think the correct combination of BCG and buffer, weight-wise, it is OK now. I hope to have some footage of the Echo trigger soon.
Old December 15, 2016, 12:28 PM   #97
rwagliardo

BFS

which BFS trigger do you have?
Old December 15, 2016, 12:46 PM   #98
djbuzzard

The first version BFS...
Old December 16, 2016, 09:34 AM   #99
shortround60

Very atractive alternative

Good Day All. Full disclosure: I sell these at gun shows at Northern Virginia gun shows and soon online.

You can now easily get near full auto rates of fire without changing anything on your AR and at a fraction of the cost of the normal systems.

AR Bump Fire Grips are made from ABS plastic and snap on/off MILSPEC trigger guards within seconds.

The patent came back and the ATF signed off on them in September of this year. I have helped the manufacturer intro these to the public since then.

The AR & AK versions are $59.95 each and they flat out work.

Check out a quick clip of it in action fired by me personally. There will be more videos very soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9OH17uuu9c

Last edited by shortround60; December 16, 2016 at 09:38 PM.
Old December 16, 2016, 07:24 PM   #100
peggysue

But no working selector switch.

Tags
3mr , bfs , echo , fostech , franklin armory