The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old September 10, 2013, 08:27 PM   #1
dana345

Has anyone used, Patriot Firearms And Munitions?

Is anyone familiar with this company and their product? They have their own brand of jacketed bullets and seem to be in stock.
http://patriotfirearmsandmunitions.c...iot-ammo-suply

Last edited by dana345; September 11, 2013 at 08:55 PM. Reason: change of title
Old October 12, 2016, 11:11 PM   #2
kenmike

patriot ammo

I purchased 1000 rds of 9 mm and 1000 rds of 223 ammo. The label on the box gave a Henderson NV address. We have not yet tried the 223 ammo but the 9 mm has been a dismal failure! At least 13 rds have misfired, failed to load etc in our SD9 pistols.

I went to the address in NV and it was only a PO Box. When I got home I mailed a letter to that address. It failed to deliver as addressed. Next I found a facility listed on the internet in Montana. I mailed the same message to them and it was returned "unable to deliver".
Following is a copy of my letter that was sent to each address:

KENNETH L. MICHAEL
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx AZ xxxxxx
xxx-xxx-xxxx
April 7, 2916

FFN Patriot Ammunition
10620 Southern Highlands Pkwy
Las Vegas, Nevada 89141

Re: AMMO FAILURE

This writing defines ammunition failures. A 1000 round quantity of ammunition was purchased via an internet purchase on or about mid-February 2016. Purchased from FFN Patriot Ammunition, (parent company "PERCUSSI, LLC"). Owned and operated by one Jon Picata.

The 1000 round lot received was 4, 250 round bulk boxes.

To lay the ground work for this scenario, first some background info:
My two daughters and I went for defensive handgun training at Front Sight in Pahrump, Nevada between April 1st and April 6th, 2016. I was shooting a S&W SD9 VE which had some age and use. Both daughters were firing brand new S&W SD9 VE's which had only had approximately 25 test rounds fired through them. We each opened one of your boxes and went on the firing line. On the firing line with 37 other individuals we began to have firearm malfunctions. My firearm worked flawless, (apparently my box of ammo was OK) but my daughters both/each began to have ongoing "jams". Each event caused the range master to stop the entire class while a line coach helped a daughter to clear her firearm. (We had not yet been taught how to clear a malfunction) Thus the entire class was intermittently delayed. At first we suspected the "new" firearms were defective.

Finally, a line coach took a critical close look at the ammo and determined the bullets that malfunctioned were approximately 1/16 to 1/8 inch shorter than a 9MM should be and that the bullets could be turned in the casing using finger pressure only. EG the bullet was loose in the casing.

We set that ammo aside, purchased another 1000 rounds from a local supply and finished our training classes. We three fired a total of 2000+ rounds during the classes.

I have in my possession 11 of the defective rounds (some were disposed of at the range). I also have a leftover 316 rounds that are suspect.

First, this failure occurred during a range session. Therefore, there was no life threatening situation. BUT THESE BULLETS COULD JUST AS EASILY BEEN IN OUR GUNS WHEN WE NEEDED THEM TO SAVE OUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!! Do you sell to police departments? This could be a very serious threat to your business if this ammo had gotten into the guns of police officers!

I consider this a SERIOUS matter and am hereby notifying you of the events.

When and how do you honor your guarantee? Please be advised that I do not trust your ammo and therefore do not care for any more of your ammunition as an attempt to replace the defectives.
I await your reply before I begin to go public with this event, describing it on the internet. My only other effort has been an attempted private message to Jon Picata.

Sincerely
Kenneth L. Michael, 928-970-1562, [email protected]

I have now gone public. You've been warned. If anyone knows how or where to get in touch with this company I would appreciate your feedback.
Old October 13, 2016, 01:28 AM   #3
A1 2A

Seems like another one of those bargain reload companies.
Sorta like freedommunitions. You get what you pay for though. Lots of people hate freedom, lots of people love it.
I'm sure the same goes for Patriot
Old October 13, 2016, 05:47 AM   #4
Mike Irwin
Staff

It would appear that Patriot may be out of business. Their home page comes up, but anything that's clicked on returns a 404 error.

Thus, there's no reason for this thread to remain open.

If Patriot is still in business, please start a new thread to discuss them.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread