The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old May 19, 2012, 01:25 PM   #126
buckhorn

worst gun

I inherited a taurus .357. When I picked it up it rattled so much the cats came running thinking it was feeding time. [I like dogs better ]
Old May 20, 2012, 09:53 AM   #127
N.H. Yankee

A NEW S&W M&P 9mm that went back to S&W 3 times and still wasn't right. The gun wouldn't fire more than 1 to 2 rounds before jamming due to a chamber that looked like it was made with a rat tail file. Sent it back they polished the chamber and the gun still had issues, sent it back and they replaced I believe the extractor. The gun was now able to fire a full magazine, only to discover it wouldn't hold under about 6 inch's from a bench at 25 yards.

Now I take a real good look at the barrel and discover the rifling ( the original barrel ) looks like the chamber did, TOOL marks galore! Why didn't the S&W tech see or figure that out considering the tool marks in the chamber. Back AGAIN, finally get the gun back with a new barrel and it now will hold an average of 3 inch's at 25 yards after trying various factory ammo and reloads. I could never get the gun to be consistent so it went out the door. Sadly that was the third NIB S&W I bought that had to be sent back for repair out of the box. I love my third generation S&W semi's but lately I have been very disappointed with QC and warranty repair.
Old May 21, 2012, 03:37 PM   #128
Tactical Jackalope

Years and years ago....Taurus PT145 Millennium..Complete garbage.
Old May 21, 2012, 05:37 PM   #129
Jo6pak

GSG-5

I ran fine right out of the box.......for about 2000 rounds. Then the ejector plate loosened up. Sent it back for the recall fix.
Then it ran nicely....for another 2000 rounds when I started having light primer strikes. Tried several remedies, none worked.

I understand that many folks have GSGs that work fine with no issues, I wasn't so lucky.
Old May 22, 2012, 09:03 PM   #130
Dustin746

Kel-Tec P11. Not saying it's a bad gun but I bought it and sold it about 2 weeks later. Just could not stand the trigger pull on it
Old May 24, 2012, 10:29 AM   #131
Throckmorton

Rossi Wizard single shot rifle.
bought it because u could buy more barrles across the counter in many different calbers.
transfer bar broke in the 1st hundred rounds..off to Rossi for a month.
..no matter what scope I used,or who shot it,accuarcy sucked..still does.

along the way I acquired 3 brands of factory ammo to try out,it will not fire factory ammo ! lights off my reloads one hundred percent. Primer strikes are way high up on the primer,so...off to Rossi for another month !

took it out last week with factory fodder,some improvment but very little,still misfires on factory rounds.

don't want to send it back to NOT GET repaired agin,can't sell it in the shape its' in,so now what..?? FENCE POST ?? GRRRRRRRRRRRR

NEVER AGAIN ROSSI
Old May 24, 2012, 01:33 PM   #132
buckhorn

worst gun

winchester model 39A single shot. Every time I shot it, the action would come unlatched. I think it's still around here someplace, but I haven't seen it in years. Probably out in the barn
Old May 25, 2012, 08:38 AM   #133
22-rimfire

I've had pretty good luck overall with handguns. Probably the worst handgun I have ever purchased was a Colt Govt Model 380 and it was just a jamamatic. I sold it off cheap hoping that the next owner could fix the problem or send it back to Colt. At the time, it never occurred to me to send it back to Colt.

However, the Glock M22 ranks right up there as it shoots a couple feet low at 15 yds. Functions great. I was just pretty dissappointed with it. I will eventually take it down to Atlanta to have Glock look it over to see why it shoots so low. I have taken it apart and can't see any issues. I have been saying that for 5 years now however. Guess you could say it is not a priority in my life. The pistol has been replaced with a M23 which is a sometimes carry gun for me. It shoots like most Glocks.
Old May 25, 2012, 12:42 PM   #134
RAMZ707

Savage .22lr from big5, clunky junky piece of s#*t
It was $169, should have known
Old May 25, 2012, 01:02 PM   #135
DocDizz

Kimber Pro Carry series 1. Complete garbage, but at least I got a Blackhawk Serpa holster for my good 1911 out of it
Old May 25, 2012, 01:10 PM   #136
willmc33

Llama Mini Max .45 takes the #1 slot. For a single stack I couldnt get through a complete magazine without a minimum of 3 malfunctions. Tried different mags and it was still a pos. Followed closely by 2 Taurus Millenium Pro .45's (PT-145 and PT-745) and a Kahr CW40 that I bought new, went to the range the next day, tilted the gun over to clear the chamber and the bullet and extractor fell out in my hand. Cure me from ever buying any of the above again.
Old August 4, 2012, 05:56 PM   #137
BrycoCollector

Anyone that said "Bryco" clearly doesn't understand what goes into a quality firearm. A lot of people come down hard on the fact they are made with pot metal. Pot Metal is very durable and the guns are more than reliable.

I know, I have an entire collection of Bryco's. I won't go near such junk as a Taurus or Ruger.
Old August 5, 2012, 12:31 AM   #138
willmc33

^^^^^Wait...WHAT?????????

Last edited by willmc33; August 5, 2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old August 5, 2012, 12:38 AM   #139
warningshot

Taurus. Wow! Surprise-Surprise. Shocking
Old August 5, 2012, 12:56 AM   #140
LockedBreech

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrycoCollector View Post
Anyone that said "Bryco" clearly doesn't understand what goes into a quality firearm. A lot of people come down hard on the fact they are made with pot metal. Pot Metal is very durable and the guns are more than reliable.

I know, I have an entire collection of Bryco's. I won't go near such junk as a Taurus or Ruger.
With the exception of the word "Taurus", this post is the most wrong thing in the history of wrong.

In my opinion, of course. YMMV...
Old August 5, 2012, 08:54 AM   #141
cornbush

Walther 5" Target model P-22.

Rarely ever got through a full mag without some kind of malfunction.
The "compensator" front sight assembly twisted and worked its way off the barrel no matter how tight the set screw was.
There are five more in the family and they don't get much use anymore because of the same reliability issues.
Old August 5, 2012, 09:13 AM   #142
Hansam

Long ago when I was stupid, rash and uninformed I bought from a dealer a Bryco (then called Jennings) 9mm.

I took it to the range and shot the snot out of it. Put nearly 1500 rounds through it without a hiccup of any sort. It was also fairly accurate too. Then the stupid, rash and uninformed part of me took over and I listened to all the guys at the range telling me I bought crap. I sold the gun for the same amount that I paid for it at a gun show and bought a NIB Kel-Tec P11 from a dealer there.

THAT gun turned out to be the worst gun I'd ever purchase. FTF almost every other round with anything but FMJ, poor accuracy, crappy trigger, horrendous recoil etc. I sent it in to Kel Tec with those complaints and they polished up the feed ramp and slide rails. The gun continued to have problems with the gun but kept it anyway for a year afterwards. The final straw was both the extractor AND ejector breaking AFTER a failure to fire on basic Winchester White box FMJ.

I took it to my LGS and they told me it wasn't worth the effort to fix it. When I asked how much it was worth they said if it was in working condition they'd give me maybe $50 for it. In the condition it was in then I'd have to pay them to take it. When asked what to do with it they suggested destroying the gun. That was the only gun I ever handed over to my local law enforcement agency to destroy.
Old August 5, 2012, 09:33 AM   #143
KenW.

Maybe I'm too particular, but I've never had a "bad" handgun. Even the Rohm .44 mag I had was deadly accurate and never let me down.
Old August 5, 2012, 09:50 AM   #144
243winxb

Hy-hunter derringer 22 LR is my worst. Then a Colt Trooper 357.
Old August 5, 2012, 02:07 PM   #145
pturner67

I'm gonna pile on and add one more for Taurus (.357).
Old August 5, 2012, 02:39 PM   #146
Cheapshooter

I've tried, and continue to try!
Heritage Rough Rider, Walther P22, Taurus Judge PD Poly, Hi-Point C9, Taurus PT22 Poly. All turned out to be great shooters. Accurate, reliable, and fun to shoot.
Maybe I should try Kimber, Sig, or S&W next on my quest for a POS handgun not worth filling out the paperwork for!
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old August 5, 2012, 03:04 PM   #147
mitchntx

High Standard Citation

Has a firing pin made of glass.
Old August 5, 2012, 03:29 PM   #148
Winchester_73

Quote:
High Standard Citation

Has a firing pin made of glass.
Wow like that made the gun. Thats probably the best gun in this whole thread. Maybe if it was a East Hartford but otherwise.....wow
Old August 5, 2012, 04:24 PM   #149
shurshot

Clerke .22 LR revolver for 35$. Crap, total crap. I'm waiting for a gun buy back program in Maine, so I can get rid of it for a pair of sneakers...
Old August 5, 2012, 04:31 PM   #150
mitchntx

The 50 rounds it shoots are outstanding.

But right now, its a door stop.
Closed Thread

Tags
cheap , gun , hand gun , pistol