The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 28, 2010, 01:21 AM   #1
Pathfinder45

Shooting glasses

On Sunday I had an incident that showed me that I need some better glasses for shooting. I like amber polarized lenses. Can anyone here recommend some decent glasses?
Old April 28, 2010, 09:55 AM   #2
Brasky

I have some of these...don't laugh, as corny as they are, they work extremely well. Nice weight, good build quality, spring-loaded and solid lenses.

Bought them as a gag and just to wear like shades b/c I liked how they looked, but now they are my favorite pair of safety lenses. Had them for about 2 years now.

http://www.maximumeyewear.com/produc...g-glasses.html
Old April 28, 2010, 10:33 AM   #3
hoytinak

I use a pair of Oakley M-Frames for my shooting glasses, just swap out the lens to adjust for different light. Not sure what they're "Impact Protection" (that's what they call it) is rated at but if you watch the videos of it on their website it's pretty impressive. Plus I've got one lens that saved my left eye by stopping a piece of shrapnel from an IED explosion on my last deployment....that's enough to convince me.
Old April 28, 2010, 05:14 PM   #4
1911rocks

Safety Glasses

Sawfly Revision Deluxe. Ballistics rated (3) lenses, Yellow, Clear, Neutral Gray all polarized (except Clear). http://www.rangerjoes.com/revision-s...xe-p-3133.html