The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 23, 2010, 12:33 PM   #1
LinuxHack3r

Duracoated "Mak-90" and gear

I recently bought a Mak-90 for a really good price. Good condition, a little surface rust, made by Norinco. I liked it. Now I Love it. Despite some negative reviews, I decided to get it Duracoated. First it was sandblasted, then parkerized, then duracoated HK black. It looks sharp. Over a few years I'll be able to tell if I like the duracoat. I also made it 922r compliant with some Tapco furniture. I chose the original stype pistol grip and buttstockm black. I like both of those really well, look like they'll take a beating. As far as the handguard, Tapco as well. I'm not sure about this decision. Maybe Crapco for the handguardm we'll see. I also go the trigger group replaced by Tapco. It's the double hook one. Not fired it yet, but the trigger pull feels nice. Overall the gun looks very nice. I think I'll let it sit for about a month before I shoot it. But the main reason I am writing this review is....the SLING! I bought a Spec-Ops Brand "AK Sling". I have never been crazy about slings....usually end up taking them off anyways. But I am IN LOVE WITH THIS SLING. When I get hope tonight I will need to adjust it just a tad bit more to make it hold the gun tighter....but I am very impressed. I have had other Spec-Ops gear...but this is an increible peice. I plan on buying one for each of my other long guns. I was just hoping a few others would chime in with their opinions. I don't want this to turn into Duracoat vs. Guncoat, etc, or Tapco vs. Crapco. One this I don't like about the handguard is it has a rail on top that sorta interfers with the sight line. I think you can take the rail off...but I'm not sure. You can still see the sight fine, but it blocks the view of things to the left and right slightly. For fast targeting I want to be able to see what is beside whatever I'm aiming at...any other thoughts? I may post pics tonight...
Old June 23, 2010, 01:20 PM   #2
uzimon

yeah, the all commie aks are the best. rarely if ever an issue
Old June 23, 2010, 01:24 PM   #3
LinuxHack3r

I agree, but I picked up the Mak 90 for a very good price locally, and will someday probably add an original Bulgarian AK to my colection...

Tags
ak 47 , duracoat , mak 90 , sling , tapco