The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old May 10, 2021, 09:28 AM   #51
TunnelRat

The Specialized Clothing Issue Always Seems To Come Up.

Whether or not you care less isn’t the point. The point of the thread is clothing choices that might reveal or indicate a person is carrying a firearm. That is one of them imo and I was simply expressing as much. And I would consider it somewhat different than a basic American flag. I said nothing about white supremacy, so I’m not sure where that comment comes from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old May 10, 2021, 09:32 AM   #52
Moonglum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl the Floor Walker View Post
I could care less. And the American flag would be the same. I am proud of both. If every person that wears a Blue line support hat or a American flag means they are a "Tell" for carrying a gun or a White Supremist then they can go to hell in a Basket.
If that is a means nothing but a "Tell" to you, then you will have to live with it. My God the world is going insane!!!!!!!!!

Remember that when some Methhead bends a tire iron around your head and takes your gun
Old May 10, 2021, 09:35 AM   #53
TunnelRat

The Specialized Clothing Issue Always Seems To Come Up.

Error, feel free to delete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old May 10, 2021, 10:14 AM   #54
Carl the Floor Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglum View Post
Remember that when some Methhead bends a tire iron around your head and takes your gun
Lol,Yea right. those meth heads are on the prowl looking to bash in the heads of people supporting the Police. Get real. Yes, maybe BLM and Antifa. But you can run scared all you want. At some time you will have to make some kind of a stand. If wearing a American flag puts that kind of fear in you then I would suggest just get a snowflake hat. They do sell them. Heck get one in a rainbow color.
Old May 10, 2021, 11:33 AM   #55
Moonglum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl the Floor Walker View Post
Lol,Yea right. those meth heads are on the prowl looking to bash in the heads of people supporting the Police. Get real. Yes, maybe BLM and Antifa. But you can run scared all you want. At some time you will have to make some kind of a stand. If wearing a American flag puts that kind of fear in you then I would suggest just get a snowflake hat. They do sell them. Heck get one in a rainbow color.
The last time I wore an American Flag I was in the Army. Where you ever in the Military JEB?

I've actually had people try to disarm me. I've also had be try to start trouble with me because they took exception to a logo on the clothes I was wearing. I don't know if you've noticed but America is in the middle of an attempted Marxist Revolution. I try really hard not to wear anything that would give any indication of my political leanings in public.

If you get involved in a real self defense incident in today's climate life as you knew it is OVER. even assuming you survive and the DA decides you were 100% justified you can count on protests outside your home for an extended period. You can count on being "cancelled". You can count on being a target for the rest of your life (George Zimmerman).

If I can avoid that by wearing a plain hat I'm all for it
Old May 10, 2021, 12:05 PM   #56
Carl the Floor Walker

Yes, I was in the Army, my Dad a career Marine, my brother in the Military and his three sons in the Military as well. One did two combat tours in Afghanistan.My Son is a Medic in the Army National Guard. Was at the DC protest.
Yes! I support the Military, Police, Fireman
Recently watched the video of the Police stopping the piece of crap National Guardsmen in Winsor Virginia. Got up early on a Sunday Morning, went to Krispy Cream doughnuts and drove Out of town to drop them off with the police. And that does NOT sit well with the Libs I work with either.

Yes! we are in the Middle of a Marxist revolution. I went to the Windsor Police to show my Son, I support them. Trying to set the right example. (and by the way, a great group of men and women and it was interesting to learn the whole, REAL story) not told on CNN. I will not bow down to these terrorist. I will accept the consequences to me if they attempt to do me harm. There are some things worth making a stand for.
Old May 10, 2021, 12:25 PM   #57
Moonglum

I want to say this the right way. About 3 years ago two CSPD cops shot a fleeing felon who happened to be armed. He was out on bail for sexual assault on a child by a person in a position of trust. The police contacted him because he fit the description of a person who had committed an armed robbery in the area within the previous hour. There was video evidence that he was trying to draw a gun from his waistband when he was shot.

I said all that to point out that this guy really wasn't a model citizen BUT the media made him out to be a choir boy who was just turning his life around when the cruel police cut him down in his prime.

Colorado Springs is a very conservative city. The protesters shut down the Interstate several times. They even blocked off the street outside the home of the cop who shot the kid. Think about that. do you really want your home surrounded by a bunch of BLM protesters? Do you want them making trouble at your work?

The circumstances won't matter they will make you the bad guy.

Again, why would you want to invite that into your life
Old May 10, 2021, 12:47 PM   #58
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Once again, a discussion has devolved into trading personal barbs. How many times do we (the staff) have to remind you: If you want to engage in a personal argument with another member ... take it to personal messages and don't hijack the discussion thread to air your personal problems with another member.

CLOSED.
Jeepaholic
Closed Thread