The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old January 25, 2007, 02:55 PM   #1
ffxmike

looks like the aw-sim is getting "re-examined"

Not sure if anyone else had posted this, but I figured I'd share.

http://www.aw-sim.com
Quote:
On January 19, 2007, I received a letter from BATFE referencing Ruling 2006-2, requesting resubmittal of the AW-SIM for further evaluation. They also urged me not to transfer "this or any similar devices before we have had an opportunity to reexamine it".

On their urging, I have suspended sales. I will post further updates as they become available.

Thank you.
Can anyone shed some more light on what the aw-sim did? I understood the akins device, but I'd never heard much about these.
Old January 26, 2007, 06:02 PM   #2
Legion2600

It was designed for semiauto -1919's. The gun was mounted on top of it and sort of worked the way the Akins did.-- using the guns recoil/trigger to fire another round. There were a few videos on the website but it was somewhat hard to tell what exactly was happening. The device came with spade grips and had a rate of fire around only around 400 per min. Iahd the ROF been higher I would have bought one.
Old January 28, 2007, 12:29 AM   #3
JLelli

Looks like it is curtains for the AW-SIM. If the Akins Accelerator was ruled a machine gun, the AW-SIM surely will.