The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old February 18, 2006, 10:05 PM   #26
Don P

Oh Boy!

Here we go again. Some people need to get a life. Time to go.
Old February 18, 2006, 10:59 PM   #27
TBT

Who are you refering to? Why?
Old February 20, 2006, 12:31 PM   #28
Ian2005

Ccw

I say it's even silly to wonder.. yes carry a weapon!! The other poster who summed it up about you being the meat hit it perfectly. Hmmm your coming out of a bank at night with a large bag of cash.. hmm (I'm ROLFing btw).
Yes your a f'in target. Even if "the rules" say no, Duhh... I'll take the fine & or imprisonment over death.

As the cops say, "Rather judged by 12 than carried by 6."

Now go get a gun meat!
Old February 20, 2006, 01:07 PM   #29
Mikeyboy

When I was in college I worked for one of these big overnight delivery services and one of my stops was a diamond broker. You walked in the place, and you all you saw was a small room and a receptionist window surrounded by some thick, thick glass. Anyway most of the time it was regular letter packages, but ever once in a while you got a small brick package and you needed to fill out insurance coverage paperwork, so you get a hint of what might be inside. Regardless to say that was a long, nervous, walk back to the truck. Of course we were not allowed to pack a weapon due to company policy (fired if caught), and sure enough at least two drivers were robbed, one at gun point, when coming out of that building, in the one year span that I worked there. Thankfully, no one got killed, but one guy got sent to the hospital after getting wacked with a pipe in the head for not handing over the package (containing nothing of value) fast enough. If you have the option, I would carry. You could be carrying nothing of value , but the BG could think you carry million, or that you have access to the vault.

p.s. While it is nice to have Hand to Hand combat skills, never rely soley on them to get you out of every jam. If a BG or a group of BGs decide to come into the bank while you have the door open, they will bring more than a knife, and even if you were Bruce Lee, you will be S.O.O.L
Old February 20, 2006, 02:07 PM   #30
junglebob

I'd Carry

Chris, If I had your job I'd definately carry. I would think you'd be a likely target for some BG. Fortunately for you your state is "shall issue" so I wouldn't think there would be a problem for you to get a permit. You can look up information about it at packing.org. They mention that open carry is legal in Maine, so you might consider that. Only problem with that is you need a permit to open carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle. I guess you could open carry an automatic and have a loaded magazine on you. IANAL but in Illinois you can carry a loaded magazine next to a handgun in a case or on your person so that might work in Maine. I think it would be much, much preferable to get the permit, it might save your life.

I carry out of state on a non-resident Pennsylvania handgun license, as Illinois is a "right denied" state. I don't live in a high crime area either, but I wouldn't bet something will never happen.
Old February 20, 2006, 02:23 PM   #31
nscale

Chris,

It is good you don't have to take the keys home. But I wonder if the BG would know that? Actually, whether you have the keys on you or not is like whether there is money in the bag. It doesnt matter.
Hey I wasn't implying you are dumb I think you know what I meant. right?

Now the people you are working with I might consider Dumb. Like the one that leaves keys in doors.
Old February 21, 2006, 01:47 PM   #32
Chris Phelps

Quote:
Here we go again. Some people need to get a life. Time to go.

Do people like you feel better after putting other people down? Does it make you feel more important or knowledgeble? Do you sleep better at night knowing you can insult other people while hiding behind a keyboard? Do you feel special knowing you are an internet badass?

You are right. some people DO need to get a life. Good riddance.
Bushmaster Superlight AR-15 5.56mm / Custom 24" Heavy BBL Varmint AR-15 5.56mm / Ruger M77 .257 Roberts / Ruger MKI 22LR Pistol / EAA Witness 9mm Pistol / Daisy 2202 22LR / Remington Viper 522 22LR / Stevens 200 .223 / Savage 10FP 24" .308 / Mauser 98 Sporter 30-06