6guns 0 0%
7 guns 1 0.50%
8 guns 1 0.50%
9 guns 1 0.50%
10 guns 11 5.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 7, 2006, 06:09 PM   #51
Dep309

Two when off duty, Glock 19 and .22 Mag derringer in my pocket, never comes out. Add Shotgun and another handgun in my patrol car on duty!!
Old February 7, 2006, 11:06 PM   #52
joneb

Offten I find my self in eastern Oregon mostly metal detecting old homested sights or military training grounds. Out there I am well armed it just seems prudent, I would rather not go in to details. But if you come across me out there you will do well to treat me with respect
Old February 8, 2006, 11:30 AM   #53
Model520Fan

I put down five, because that's the most I've carried, but I ordinarily consider three the best number, although I usually carry two.

Three is one available to each hand, and an ankle gun. I often omit the ankle gun if my LH gun is reasonably available seated.

When performing certain duties I am no longer required to, it helped to be able to have a gun in hand without being super obvious about it. That added a J-frame to each suit-coat pocket, for five. Usually, when doing that, I figured I had enough guns for each hand, and carried mags instead of my LH (2nd) gun, but I think I probably carried all five at least once.
Old February 9, 2006, 04:35 AM   #54
RsqVet

Two tops and that is usually only because I have a plen to remove the primary at some point and rely on a pocket gun --- Glock 26 or ruger Sp101.

I have to admit I look very much askew at any civilian who carries mroe than two --- but hey it's a free country.

I think if I was in LE I'd go for 3 --- a mini-glock in a pocket and a mini in a arm pit holster under the shirt.

Only folks I know with a good reason for more than 3 are under cover or internal afirs types who have legitmate fear for being attacked and disarmed by those with extensive awarness of carry methods.
Old February 10, 2006, 12:47 AM   #55
bruchi

22 shooter

Sir William, I apologize before hand if I am mistaken and I could very well be but I had to ask: Are you not the guy that got expelled from another forum for claiming you enjoyed shooting at passing cars on the freeway with a 22 revolver and wanted to know if that was the best weapon for that?

Old February 10, 2006, 12:50 AM   #56
cosine

Where's the option for none, seeing as kids aren't trusted to protect themselves with a firearm if needed?

Also, those of us who live in oppressed states such as Wisconsin aren't allowed to carry concealed either.

If you think you have the authority to decide who can and can't bear arms, you are no friend to liberty. -- Molon Labe, THR
Old February 12, 2006, 12:34 AM   #57
Dust_Devil

I carry only one gun.

The poll should also ask what type of work or position you are in. It may be strange for the average person to carry more than one gun. Maybe a few out there will carry a backup ankle holster but if you are a LEO or military then it wouldn't be odd if you are carrying 2 or 3 firearms on you.
Old February 12, 2006, 04:39 PM   #58
Greg Bell

Almost always one (Kahr PM9 or P7M8 (usually the Kahr lately)). When I go walking (exercise) I carry either my HK P2000 or Glock 17. Sometimes, I carry the Kahr as a backup(especially if I am carrying the larger gun OWB.

Two is on the outside of practicality. I guess if I was a cop I might carry a hip gun, a vest gun and an ankle gun--but I doubt it.

Frankly, I don't know how cops and grunts carry all that crap around. My hat is off to you guys. When I go hiking I barely carry enough to survive out of sheer laziness. Some folks call it "ultralight" hiking, I call it "lazyass" hiking.
Doomsday: Colt 6920 with Aimpoint t-2
Old February 13, 2006, 07:02 PM   #59
Sailorcurt

The poll said "tops" so I put 2. That would be very rare. If I need more than 17 rounds of .45 I seriously hope I have time to get my SKS or M1.

The vast majority of times I carry one. Fortunately I live in a semi-oppression free state. I carry my Ruger P97 (8+1) openly most of the time in a paddle holster with extra mag weak side. I have a permit for those occasions when it's too cold to go without a coat or I don't want to frighten the sheeple but I've been open carrying for years with nary a problem.

I like the idea that a goblin might see me armed, assume I'm a cop (or just opt not to tempt fate with an armed civilian) and seek greener, less armed pastures.
Old February 14, 2006, 06:38 AM   #60
Striker

Always primary and BUG handgun with handguns. Rifle, subgun, or shotgun when the situation dictates

RLTW
"Hope is not a course of action, nor a method of execution..."
Old February 15, 2006, 04:42 PM   #61
DTakas

I put one because that’s how many I carry when I carry concealed. My record is 5 if memory serves me right. A friend and I were on the way to a redneck range session. We were just going from his home a few hundred yards to the range (a grass field with a good backstop and some targets he keeps set up). Anyway, we were planning on shooting a lot that day so I carried the guns and he carried the ammo. I had two pistols (both in the waistband of my pants in front), two rifles (one in each hand), and a shotgun on a sling over my shoulder.
Old February 15, 2006, 10:25 PM   #62
FirstFreedom

lol, 8 people carry 10 or more - yeah, right.... Just one here. Or none sometimes. Though in my more paranoid days, 2 fairly regularly, and up to 4 occasionally.
Old February 16, 2006, 03:13 PM   #63
jimpeel

I tried all morning to locate this video on school dress codes where this kid starts pulling out everything from a pistol to a coachgun from his pants and clothing. By the time he is done, there are about fifteen guns laying on the table in front of him.

Alas, I could not find it.

Baggy clothes raise my awareness as I think "gun" as soon as I see them.

"Science is built up with facts, as a house is with stones. But a collection of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house." - Jules Henri Poincare

"Three thousand people died on Sept. 11 because eight pilots were killed"
-- former Northwest Airlines pilot Stephen Luckey
Old February 16, 2006, 11:48 PM   #64
slystad810

jimpeel: http://dep.superlime.com/demohi.wmv

12 GUNS!!!

Including a full size 12 GA
Old February 17, 2006, 09:49 AM   #65
jimpeel

Thanks, Sly. I couldn't remember the size of the shotgun but thought it was a coachgun.

"Science is built up with facts, as a house is with stones. But a collection of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house." - Jules Henri Poincare

"Three thousand people died on Sept. 11 because eight pilots were killed"
-- former Northwest Airlines pilot Stephen Luckey
Old February 17, 2006, 01:03 PM   #66
trigger happy

two tops..when hunting or at the range..otherwise I get by with just one
Old February 18, 2006, 02:21 AM   #67
Gazpacho

A friend joked saying I'd have to leave my guns at home if I was going to attend a club beach party. Just for that, I showed up wearing a polo shirt, shorts and flip-flops. He grinned at me, and said, "I told you so." I pulled him aside and showed him my Kel-Tec P32s from my front left and right pockets, my Colt Commander strong side IWB, 2 spare mags weak side OWB and a S&W 342 SOB. Then I told him he really didn't want to see what was in the cooler.

My usual carry is a P32 in the left front pocket and the 342 in a fanny pack.

FWIT, the cooler had sandwiches, Coca-colas, iced fruit and one bottle of Guiness (extra stout). I just didn't feel like sharing.
Old February 18, 2006, 02:28 AM   #68
Glock 31

Just one here.

I was under the impression that though concealed carry laws between states are varied, it was illegal in ALL states to carry more than one concealed gun. Just wondering.
Old February 18, 2006, 11:15 AM   #69
TBT

I've never carried more than one with a reload.
Old February 18, 2006, 04:53 PM   #70
BrthrB

Always 2 handguns. On duty I carry a Model 23 Glock with a Model 27 for backup, Off duty, a Model 21 and Model 30. Extra mag's are of the larger size as they are compatible with the smaller sized Glocks

Also, when on duty, I have Short bbl 870, a Colt LE-AR, along with my precision rifle and a "less lethal" 870.
Old February 18, 2006, 05:02 PM   #71
larry starling

1 never needed more that that!