The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 31, 2022, 05:49 PM   #26
jag2

I believe a new law just recently went into affect in Texas regarding the selling of scrap metal. Too many people were losing their catalytic converters so they really clamped down. Bad guys were doing it in broad daylight in store parking lots. That’s why all the ID stuff is now required, but I’d guess it’s still going on.
Old February 1, 2022, 01:01 PM   #27
Shadow9mm

found a hand full of 9mm and a couple 223 today
Old February 1, 2022, 02:37 PM   #28
gwpercle

After 30-35 years of picking up every brass case that wasn't nailed down ... I'll have to admit to being a brass scrounger & packrat ... It was a bad day at the shooting range when I didn't come home with less brass than I went with ... I finally realized I had enough brass to last me a lifetime ... I have buckets of handgun and rifle brass ... I'm 72 now and I just don't need any more ...plus ... all that stooping over , bending and crawling around was more wear & tear on my old work damaged back could take ... I had to stop scrounging what's worse is I've even bought some brand new brass ... after 50 years of reloading fired range pick ups ... I treated myself to 100 Starline 357 Magnum cases all brand spanking new !
Since I'm not looking at the floor very hard any more ... it seems more shooters are picking up their empties ...they or their friends might reload .
50 years ago ... very few people cast bullets and reloaded ammo .
Gary

Last edited by gwpercle; February 1, 2022 at 02:42 PM.