The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 30, 2009, 08:27 AM   #51
AWP79

I dont think I'll be using a urinal anymore. It just makes more sense to use a stall.
Old September 30, 2009, 09:09 AM   #52
Skans

One other thing - if you need to use a bathroom in an Airport, use the ones that are beyond the bagage screening area. The thugs who usually wonder into the airport can't get beyond the screening area for many reasons, but mainly because they haven't purchased a ticket. This is especially true in Atlanta.
Old September 30, 2009, 12:46 PM   #53
Mr. James

Thanks, IZZY, for the suggestion. Hadn't thought to ask an employee which he believes is the safest place to relieve himself. I use the post-screening locations when possible, on those increasingly rare occasions I fly.

Truth be told, I can't stomach the TSA goons, the security theatre, the stupid questions, the fee to check a friggin' bag, the utterly fraudulent seat pricing schemes, and the entire demeaning process- we're customers, for crying out loud.

"When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." —Frederic Bastiat
Old September 30, 2009, 03:11 PM   #54
Stevie-Ray

Quote:
Truth be told, I can't stomach the TSA goons, the security theatre, the stupid questions, the fee to check a friggin' bag, the utterly fraudulent seat pricing schemes, and the entire demeaning process- we're customers, for crying out loud.
If that aint the truth.....We once had 2 surly Mediterranean types in front of us and I fully expected the full treatment of those guys and so did the wife, as their nasty attitude was ticking off all the other travelers. They let them by with the most gracious "have a good days" I've yet seen, and proceeded to practically strip-search my handicapped wife in the chair. Obviously, they didn't want to be caught "profiling" and were thus going to be idiotic in the opposite way just to prove a point. One yelp out of my wife prompted me to rush her way and I was restrained. I let them know in no uncertain terms that there would be no rough treatment of her and I was holding them personally responsible for her well-being. From then on, they were nice as could be to me, and there were no more ill-handling moments on the wife's person. You said it best-goons. I would add morons. Sorry for the OT.
Old September 30, 2009, 03:52 PM   #55
markj

I used to fly all over the place at my former job, I used the secure toilets in the terminal never the public ones, also used a stall every time.
Old October 3, 2009, 12:48 PM   #56
FM12

Reminds me ofthe saying "Be polite to everyone you meet, but also have a plan to kill them". Be aware, but not paranoid. If it doesn't feel right,leave.