The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old October 8, 2016, 10:44 PM   #1
the rifleer

Enfield No 4 barrel

Where does one buy a enfield No 4 barrel? Ive found one on gun broker for $375, other than that I cant find anything.

I got a receiver, but need a barrel. Seems like everywhere is sold out. If anyone has any leads I'd appreciate it.
Old October 8, 2016, 11:09 PM   #2
Ernest T

For $375 you might as well shop for a whole rifle. I think Criterion is now making Enfield barrels, but I don't know their price. Other barrels I've gotten from them were in the $175 to $225 range. Might want to give them a try.
Old October 9, 2016, 01:18 AM   #3
tahunua001

I think I may still have one sitting in my gun safe with nothing attached to it. I could be wrong but I think it's even a match barrel, perhaps one of the guys more familiar with enfields can verify, it has a star stamped in it. I'm quite certain I'd go much lower than $375 if you're interested.
Old October 11, 2016, 01:44 PM   #4
T. O'Heir

"...I think Criterion is..." Yep. One with the bayonet lug and one without. Only problem is that you need a smithy who has the proper tools. The barrel vise and action wrench plus the headspace gauges.
Sold but not installed by Dean's for $343.00US.
Otherwise you're looking at an iffy at best milsurp barrel. Gunparts has none though. You might still find a .308 barrel some where. Same installation issues though. Plus a bit of mods to the bolt.
Old October 12, 2016, 05:13 PM   #5
criterionbarrels

We have a couple dealers listed on our product page that offer installation services. I'd contact US Equipment or Albrights Firearm Services if you're looking for a qualified armorer.