The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old November 26, 2019, 06:42 PM   #26
GamestopDorito

PCC! As a recent Stribog owner, I cannot stress enough that you should buy one of these:

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...Brace+TB+30+RD.

It's the best $ value gun I have ever purchased. Great build quality, aftermarket is exploding, accurate, reliable, just a whole lot of fun.
Old November 27, 2019, 10:04 AM   #27
9x19

The Stribog looks interesting, but I'm not too sure $800 with proprietary magazines is really the best way to enter such a crowded market. It's always good to see enthusiastic owners but for me, at that price point (actually a bit less right now), I really like the AK-V from PSA:

Old November 28, 2019, 07:20 AM   #28
stagpanther

Quote:
The Ramshot Data clearly said to use only in a fully supported barrel....NO Glocks.
I don't reload 40. Not sure what your point is but here is a picture of my Glock barrel. Note the full support.
From what I've read all newer model Glock 10 mm barrels are fully-supported for years now--though my older 20sf barrel isn't, easy enough to get a good lone wolf barrel replacement for older Glock barrels.
Old November 28, 2019, 08:03 PM   #29
Ralph Allen

Have both a CZ Scorpion 9mm PCC and a Springfield Saint pistol in 300 AAC Blackout. Don't shoot subsonic loads in the 300 as POI is drastically different than supersonic loads. I handload 125-150 grain ammo for the Blackout. Love both the guns. 9mm is as any 9mm is. As long as you know what the use as intended is, and shoot as such, no problems. 9mm is cheap to shoot and loads of fun out to 50 yards or so. 300 blackout is fun to load for and also quite gratifying to "roll your own". Loads of fun to shoot. I think if you limit the range to 150 yards or so, would make an accurate small game caliber. I plan on trying it on deer size game next year. Ammo cost is the big killer on 300 Blackout, unless you also reload. Possibilities are endless. Ralph
Old November 30, 2019, 01:05 AM   #30
mxsailor803

Practicality wise, depends on what your intentions are. I’ve got both PCC’s and .300BLK (bolt actions) and like them both a lot. My PCC’s are a riot to go blasting with my cast loaded 9mm rounds and 32rnd Mags. I actually make my own .300blk because I also reload for .223/5.56. If it doesn’t past visual inspection for the .223’s, into the .300blk pile it goes. Now I mainly prefer bolt guns because I have become super lazy when it comes to policing my brass lol. Now, what would I suggest each for? A PCC is primarily a fun range gun or urban self defense system to me. Can the .300blk fill both roles? Absolutely. The PCC would be more cost effective in the ammo department. The .300blk in a AR though can do exactly the same as a PCC while also being a viable hunting cartridge. Build expenses would be much easier on the wallet for the .300blk, especially if you already have a lower you like and just want to build a upper.