The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old April 12, 2011, 10:08 PM   #51
los

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE2010NC
... Ahhhhhh....the aroma of gun smoke and perfume.
I'll bet there was another aroma mixed in with those two..
Old April 12, 2011, 10:11 PM   #52
kinggabby

ohhh that smell ...can't you smell that smell ...the smell that surrounds you ....and it weren't gas either
Old April 12, 2011, 10:18 PM   #53
Ivan

Hey Hulsey76,
Glad you and yours did not suffer any injuries. I won't give you a hard time over the accidental discharge because I don't know you. If I knew you, you'd be getting a serious lecture and I would be careful to avoid you when you had a gun.

I figure if you are as reasonable as you sound, you have already beaten yourself up over this more than any of us can over a forum posting. Glad it was pointed in a "Safe" direction and hopefully you haven't used up more than your share of luck.

Everyone eventually has an accidental discharge. Mine was on the range when I chambered a round and applied the safety. The hammer block did not work. This was over 20 years ago. Pointed downrange but the bullet went through the top of a bag of ammunition I had on the bench. Only damage was my ego and a hole in a paper bag.

Take Care.
- Ivan.
Old April 12, 2011, 10:35 PM   #54
Yung.gunr

Man you are lucky for a couple reasons. Had I done that it would likely been the end of handling firearms in the house. Shoot, my wife would probably try to get me to get rid of them. Not to mention with me being in the city I would have likely heard from the Sherrifs Deputy.
Anywhooo sounds like you learned from it, so good deal on that. I wouldn't worry about the ammo though, I think after going through a bottle of water, a glass bottle of perfume and into the would I would like the idea of it not exiting the wall. Sounds like perfect ammo for HD.
Old April 12, 2011, 11:00 PM   #55
chasep255

Forgot to mention earlier. I once knew a guy who would dry fire practice at the characters on his TV. He is on his third TV now.
Old April 12, 2011, 11:02 PM   #56
Shane Tuttle
Staff

I think this has very quickly run its course.

Closed.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Closed Thread

Tags
147gr , 9mm , winchester