The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old July 25, 2006, 04:56 AM   #26
Bud Helms

TexasSIGMan ...
Old July 25, 2006, 09:35 AM   #27
Kestrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Lucibella
u no what reely gets my pantees in a wad

when basking robens gives u a certifacut for a free ice creme coan and u go in and thay aks u not to cut into the frunt of the line and when its finly your tern thay wont let u have a choclit sundee then when u take the dam cheep coan and the ice creme part falls on the floor thay get all bent becuz you pik it up and put it bak on the coan part and start slurping up the driping ice creem and likking your fingers and then becuz your trying to not to loose any of it u tilt your hed bak and try stufing it in your moouth and the ice creem gets up your noze so u try to cleen that out at the cownter and befor u no it thay aks you to leeve freeking nazis that reely puts me in a bad mude dam fashests all i want is to be able to walk into basking robens and get in frunt of the line and get a free sundee and eet it at the cownter with my hands like i was tawt rich
Hahaha! Priceless!
Old July 25, 2006, 10:11 AM   #28
Redneckrepairs

Quote:
Is It Me Or Are Most Staff Members Abusive!!
IMHO must be you .
Old July 25, 2006, 10:56 AM   #29
Anthony Terry

im fairly new also, and always say what i think about anything. so far i have never and never will flame anyone for anything said as this is their opinion. and so far i have never been flamed or picked on in any way. this forum is put together well and the mods seem to run the show well and seem to be very knowledgeable in thier specific categories.
just give opinions without insult, keep to yourself, and ignore any flaming towards you, your main reason to come here should be to learn, then to make a few buds. then drink a few buds!!
remember, its just a forum, nobody hates you. just be sensible.
Old July 25, 2006, 12:43 PM   #30
sm

Post # 10

Rich "done good" as we say in the South.

However, Rich is a male.

TFL raised the bar as we know and part of this "raising" involves, no matter race, gender, creed religion and so forth as stated in Rules of Conduct and Misson Statements.

Tamara.

Rich's post #10 was great...Perhaps I am the only one...

Tamara could probably give Rich a run for his money.

Hey, just curious see , looking forward to reading Tamara's offering I admit, and [excuse...err...reason] and would serve as an example as well as to how high the bar is here at TFL.

Granted Tamara will probably not do so <crosses fingers she will> but it is worth a shot, so work with me folks on getting it posted.

3...2...1... "ding" <email from Rich>
Steve you are still crazy, my kind of crazy , still crazy though

Yeah well, maybe so, if it drives the Gun Grabbers Insane seeing how we Responsible Gun Owners have a sense of humor and not all knuckle- draggers - so be it.

Don't forget the "Fruit of the Loom" men's briefs slingshot report Tamara.
Old July 25, 2006, 01:23 PM   #31
38splfan

Might be you.

The firearms community is under constant scrutiny. The grabbers just wait for someone to make a dumb-redneck unprofessional remark that they can use as ammo to prove we are all lunatics and guns should be banned for "safety".
Every effort we make to be professional helps the image of the shooting community as a whole, and that is why rule #4 is so retentively enforced.

but if u got to be a noob then buy sum of rich's tactical-lace headgear and watch theez uther doods and c wut posts are suppozed to look like.

Seriously, everyone is welcome here, just be mature.(and have panty-hair )
Old July 25, 2006, 02:33 PM   #32
OuTcAsT

It's,,,,,,,,,,.........you!!!!!!!

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -
Old July 25, 2006, 09:07 PM   #33
orionengnr

pretty much...unanimous.

If you want tenth grade mentality, fifth grade spelling, and stream-of-(sub)conciousness, there are plenty of forums that cater to these desires.

This is one of the few that do not. Not coincidentally, it is also one of the few that I visit regularly.

I'm guessing that I am not alone.
Old July 26, 2006, 11:38 PM   #34
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

I'm abusive, but only in person.
Old July 27, 2006, 01:45 AM   #35
RioShooter

It's you.
Old July 27, 2006, 10:29 AM   #36
atlctyslkr

Borderline Sarcrassstic
Old July 28, 2006, 07:44 PM   #37
The Terminator

It is you.

There is always some FNG here getting his feelings hurt after a few posts. I have personally barked at two of them recently, in the revolver forum, and the mods didn't say a thing. Sounds to me like they are pretty laid back as moderators.

I have known some of these people on these forums for over 10 years, some of us go all the way back to the Compuserve Firearms Forum. A good place no longer in existance.

If I visit a forum, and think that the mods are too heavy, I just vote with my feet. I don't cry about it to everyone, and yes, I have been kicked out of some places by mods over difference of opinion. Best -
John 3:16 (I hope to see You over there.)
Old July 29, 2006, 04:24 PM   #38
Harley Quinn

Said it once, will say it again

I cannot go to football games anymore. Why you ask?
Because when in their huddle I feel like they are talking about me.

HQ
Old July 30, 2006, 12:52 PM   #39
CyberSEAL

I don't think the staffers here are abusive. However, I have a good amount of experience running large and successful forums, and I think the moderators here need to adopt some policies, and then stick to them.

I used to visit this site everyday, now I come about once a month. I don't like seeing so many threads unneccessarily locked. Today is the first time I've been here in a month, and I'm seeing more locked threads than ever. Some of the forum areas seem to contain as many locked threads as they do open ones.

I've heard a lot of people complain about this, and I've had people PM me with links to other sites that aren't moderated in such a heavy-handed fashion.

I saw a closed thread about training with a HRT of some sort I wanted to reply to, god only knows why it was closed. I think some of the staffers might be operating under the misperception that these threads should be closed when the discussion dies down. Trust me, you're only thwarting your forum growth rates by doing this.
Old July 30, 2006, 01:50 PM   #40
Edward429451

You have to look at it from the mods/owners POV. They're kind of sticking their asses out there to even have the board. If anything goes was the rule, it'd go downhill and some anti group would prolly try n sue him. IIRC, they've already tried once, and the boards still here!

Big man, that Rich fellow. Keeps it open for me N you for the principle I suppose. That's very respectable and he seems to have an ok group of mods. Can't blame em for trying to keep a handle on things. If they're wrong once in a while... so what? His board, respect his judgement.

This board is too valuable of a resource to let it get shut down for bad representation by us members.

Perspective.
Old August 1, 2006, 02:54 AM   #41
rhgunguy

Just don't make them take their belts off. Their pants could fall down and you would get an eye-full of wadded panties.
Old August 1, 2006, 09:00 AM   #42
Bud Helms

Where do you think diamonds come from? From right here on TFL, from wadded mod britches!
Old August 2, 2006, 11:47 AM   #43
Mike Irwin
Staff

"Where do you think diamonds come from? From right here on TFL, from wadded mod britches!"

If that's the case, Mal is picking up the tab when we go shotgunning on the 19th.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old August 2, 2006, 12:14 PM   #44
pickpocket

Maybe the problem is that a fair amount of individuals (both here and in the real world) only claim to respect those people who "tell it like it is" only until they are the focus of the "telling"...

In other words: We can dish it out but have a hard time taking it.

If getting reprimanded or called out tends to make one feel uncomfortable...maybe one should lock ones-self in a fallout shelter so that one does not have to rely on any of one's non-existent social adaptation skills.

"Sabah al khair -- ismee Dave, ahnee al Shayṭān"
Old August 2, 2006, 06:49 PM   #45
bobhwry

I'm sadistic and like abuse!!
Old August 2, 2006, 06:54 PM   #46
jhgreasemonkey

I like a moose also. I only had it once though. It was grilled with a lovely............oh wait.
Old August 8, 2006, 03:23 AM   #47
maas

all i have to say is the mods have never hammered on me, but then again i try not to give them an excuse.
English was never a strong subject for me, and spelling was worse. thats why i use the spell check it seems like if you try your best on punctuality you wont get flamed.

as far as the senior member vs the standard and junior member battle goes. i NEVER read the posters names unless it sparks some sort of interest good or bad. most of the time its there quote that lets me know who they are.
In my mind's eye, Mike Irwin sits...in a dark room, chain-smoking unfiltered camels and drinking a neat bourbon...while muttering about the eTards and chortling at some particularly inventive bit of vitriol. -- Justin, APS

Its still hard to pass buy that one and try not to laugh

There's always one thing that makes Republicans look good on election day...........Democrats!