The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old November 21, 2001, 01:11 PM   #26
GotGun?

that was me -

did you get a chance to see any of the video at Tanner ?
Old November 21, 2001, 06:31 PM   #27
labgrade
Member In Memoriam

Nope. Did get my own on tape, but I'm certain it's nowhere close to your quality. +, no editing planned. Figure the Cam-Corder on the tripod & $1/4million worth of stuff down-range - what's not to like?
Old November 21, 2001, 11:52 PM   #28
brass shower

count me in
Old November 24, 2001, 10:12 PM   #29
Bob Locke

Range

Sorry for the delay in posting. I'm out in Virginia with the wife's family for Thanksgiving.

Anyone got any low-down on a possible spot for the get together since I've been gone?
Old November 27, 2001, 12:09 AM   #30
GotGun?

need more details ---

I'll be meeting with the owners of the property where we had the 50 cal / machine gun shoot on Sat.

how many people realistically ?
what kind of shooting, calibers, ranges are we looking for ?

is 20 minutes south of Ft Morgan too far ?
Old November 27, 2001, 11:52 PM   #31
gorlitsa

Are you still planning on 8 Dec?
Old November 28, 2001, 04:55 PM   #32
Bob Locke

20 minutes south of Ft. Morgan is not too far for ME, but the folks from south of Denver might find it a tad too far. And I'd say that any range that can accomodate a bunch of .50s would be fine for what we're likely to have appear!

I'm starting to wonder if we're going to need to split this into North of Denver - South of Denver based on range availability.

I think we're probably talking about 15-20 people at the most as far as that goes. I'd appreciate it if you'd talk with the owner about using that property, though.

And yes, we're still looking at Dec. 8th because of a number of factors.
Old November 28, 2001, 05:54 PM   #33
Steve Smith

Hey guys, sorry I'm late. At least two of us from Colorado Springs would be interested, but north of Denver is a long way to go. Can we go somewhere further south, or CRC in Byers? The 8th? I guess that's what I get for not paying attention.

Steve Smith
NRA Life Member
Old November 29, 2001, 10:58 PM   #34
Morgan

December 8th is the Clear Creek IDPA match. I'm probably working anyway, so I won't have to make that choice...
Old December 2, 2001, 01:51 AM   #35
hasher

I'm in from the Springs but the 8th is out for me a I have to go to the Annual Las Vegas Rugby Tournament

Hasher

BTW, Bob I need to come and see you real bad if you get that job. I am from Kansas City and am jonsong real ba for some good Q.
Old December 2, 2001, 05:16 PM   #36
Steve Smith

I will be out of town for the next week. Hopefully the get-together isn't on Saturday, because I won't know about it. See ya.

Steve Smith
NRA Life Member
Old December 3, 2001, 03:25 PM   #37
Bob Locke

Anyone else starting to think that maybe we ought to put this off until the Spring to give ourselves a little more time to work out the details?
Old December 3, 2001, 06:34 PM   #38
Larry Ashcraft

I'll go along with that. We had a small 1911forum.com gathering at my place last spring and it turned out great, small but great.
Old December 3, 2001, 06:50 PM   #39
gorlitsa

How about early, early January? As in, before the sixth? You'd probably have two extra attenders, who would otherwide be out of town until summer.....

Just a thought.
Old December 5, 2001, 02:37 PM   #40
sapienza

Everyone's locations?

Well, I can speak for about 3 Fort Collins shooters who would like to attend some sort of get-together, but we're lazy cusses who would prefer to keep it in the Northern half of the state ... we're in Fort Collins (if anyone's keeping track of everyone's location)

sapienza
Old December 5, 2001, 03:49 PM   #41
Bob Locke

You northern guys (like me) want to do something this Saturday, and then we'll put something large scale together for the Spring?
Old December 7, 2001, 02:31 AM   #42
First On Race Day

I'm from Trinidad CO (please, no wise cracks) and am interested except I'm flying back on 08 Dec. Count me in for the spring if everything goes okay in the world.
Old December 7, 2001, 11:44 AM   #43
vitiaz

Count me in.

The week between Christmas and New Years would be good for me(I'm on vacation). CRC would be fine with me.
Old December 13, 2001, 09:20 PM   #44
Steve Smith

I'm in for January or Spring...name it early.

Steve Smith
NRA Life Member
Old December 16, 2001, 08:59 PM   #45
Bob Locke

CHERRY CREEK STATE PARK SHTG CENTER
Allan Duckworth
12500 E. Belleview Ave
Englewood, CO, 80111
Phone: 303-693-1765

Just found this on the CSSA web page.

How does Englewood grab everyone as a potential spot for the get-together? If it's cool, then I'll call Mr. Duckworth and see if we can make some sort of reservation. This is the description:

25, 50, 100 yd rifle, handgun. Trap, wobble trap, double trap, hand trap, sporting clays tower. Private instruction avail. Private party dates avail. Retail store. I25 to Belleview, east 3.5 miles. General hours 9-5 Sat, Sun, 10-5 Mon, Thu, Fri. Extd hours and days Sep and Oct.

Thoughts?
Old December 16, 2001, 10:17 PM   #46
labgrade
Member In Memoriam

Gawd! Bob. I hate having to even drive anywhere towards Denver, let alone (sorta) in ..... :barf:

But, yes, I will forego my disdain & apprehensions for the greater good.

What's the tag ($-wise) look like for a goodly amount of us to play a bit there? Is it an hourly thing, do we get to have certain parts to ourselves .... & etc. ?

Inquiring minds.

Personally, I'd rather go for a Pawnee Grasslands weekend CO TFL campout & general all out gun-fest. Wide open, we decide what 'n when (we are certainly most capable of safety first!), ... a blue sky & no worries, Mate.

'Course, that's just me ....
Old December 16, 2001, 10:23 PM   #47
Bob Locke

Hadn't thought about an overnighter. That would certainly allow for more participation as folks could head out for one or both days.

Not sure about cost on the other range, but I'll find out in the next couple of days.
Old December 17, 2001, 02:01 AM   #48
GotGun?

Meet at The Firing Line - May 3,4,5

Friends, neighbors, countrymen - plan on coming to the next Machine Gun / 50 cal Fun Shoot on May 3,4,5 near Fort Morgan.

hopefully, everyone can make at least one of these days - and there's camping and food on site if you've got more time.

I can setup a tent with a TFL banner for folks to meet - maybe a tailgate BBQ. OR if some of you have big toys, you can get together to share a spot on the firing line - no pun intended.

Stop by the Fifty Caliber Shooters at any of the gun shows to see some of the video - or visit the Rocky Mtn Gun Owners web site for specifics - there's some good info about the last shoot on their site http://www.rmgo.org/

be there - or B-Square

Scott
Old September 15, 2008, 01:51 PM   #49
Ridge_Runner_5

So, this ever gonna happen?