The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old March 16, 2013, 12:13 PM   #1
Rogervzv

New 625 JM on the block!

Just brought her home. Now off to the range!!

Old March 16, 2013, 02:25 PM   #2
Dan-O

Sweet. I sure like mine.
Old March 16, 2013, 04:06 PM   #3
Japle

Really nice guns. I did a full action job on mine, installed Jerry’s springs, an extended firing pin and an Easy Hit front sight.
I don’t think I’ve ever fired it SA.

Old March 16, 2013, 04:13 PM   #4
Venom1956

one gun that the term "perfect" can apply.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old March 16, 2013, 05:22 PM   #5
Rogervzv

Great day at the range. Haven't had this much fun in a long time!
At 30 feet Single Action with the S&W 625 JM:

30 feet Double Action rapid-fire:

Please reserve any criticism for me. The gun absolutely did its part! A very nice mannerly handgun, nice bead front sight, smooth and friendly trigger. I shot it with the original JM grip, which is quite good. However, I decided to retire the JM grip for now as a collector's piece and replace it with a standard Hogue finger-groove grip, which is the same one I have on my GP100 and S&W 627:
Old March 16, 2013, 05:33 PM   #6
BigD_in_FL

Very nice! When I saw the title, I thought maybe I was about to find a good for a good price...

If you don't mind, PM me with where you got it and for how much. I am looking for one instead of a new shotgun (sacrilege for me I know but WTH)...
Old March 18, 2013, 05:43 PM   #7
Don P

Quote:
If you don't mind, PM me with where you got it and for how much. I am looking for one instead of a new shotgun (sacrilege for me I know but WTH)
Got mine at The Florida Gun Exchange, price $898 OTD
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old March 19, 2013, 06:29 PM   #8
Paul105

Japle

Where did you get the front sight?

Paul
Old March 19, 2013, 09:05 PM   #9
Don P

Finally got to the range today and its a shooter. Sights on the money right out of the box.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old March 20, 2013, 09:20 AM   #10
Japle

Paul,

The sight is from EasyHit.

http://www.easyhit.com/

They don't show it on their website. You have to call them. It seems like they do a run every now and then, so the sights aren't always available. They're pretty cheap, so I bought 5 last time I ordered.
Old March 20, 2013, 05:26 PM   #11
Ozzieman

How do you like your JM grips?
I purchased mine from the man himself. Called up there business number and a man answered. I recognized his voice from some of his TV shots and sure enough it was him.
Jerry said that normally his wife runs the business but he answered the phone that night.
He initialed the inside of the grips and sent me a poster signed.
MAN what a nice guy.

Did you hear about the latest study.....5 out of 6 liberals say that Russian Roulette is safe.

Last edited by Ozzieman; February 12, 2017 at 06:27 PM.
Old March 20, 2013, 08:32 PM   #12
Paul105

Thanks Japle. That's why I couldn't find them on their website -- I'll call tomorrow.

I have the PC version which came with the red, tan, and blue laminated grip panels which I replaced. Also, I don't particularly care for the the brass bead/patride front sight combo. Both grips and sights are very personal preferences.

Pretty cool revolvers.

Paul
Old March 20, 2013, 09:45 PM   #13
Japle

I like the JM grips very much. I use them on my 327PC for steel shooting and I've done well with it. I have fairly small hands, but they fit me just fine.
The thing I like most is the way I can adjust my grip if I don't hit it perfectly out of the holster.

During matches, I've gotten used to the jokes, "Hey, your gun's on fire!"

Old March 21, 2013, 05:11 AM   #14
Ozzieman

Same here, when I first put them on the gun I didn’t like them because they felt weird.
That changed when I shot the gun. I have never felt a set of grips that work better with a two hand hold.

Did you hear about the latest study.....5 out of 6 liberals say that Russian Roulette is safe.
Old March 22, 2013, 09:37 AM   #15
Rogervzv

Fellow S&W 625 lovers, this Rmiz-25 is a really nice accessory for the 625 that you will want to check out. These are high-tech plastic moon clips. You can load and unload these moon clips with no tool whatever. Even if (as I do) you want to have a bunch of steel moon clips on hand, these are great for the range. They are very fast to re-moon and de-moon. I can vouch that they fit great in my own S&W 625JM:

http://72.32.182.78/index.php?app=ec...uul66l16cl5p1k