The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 12, 2010, 10:58 AM   #1

Galco Combat Master Holster for CZ-75B

I decided it was time to pick up decent holster as the only one I had was a cheap Uncle Mikes nylon that's kept clipped to the bed rail. While the UM nylon does fine for that, it has a few problems. Namely it's positioned low and seems like the pistol is way off the body and has a rather loose fit. I wanted something just for the range, knocking around the woods, and just general use.

The main criteria were

1. < $100
2. leather construction -- just didn't care for the idea of a hard piece of plastic poking me in the back
3. high ride
4. retention strap

The Galco had everything but the retention strap for well under budget.

An order was placed to "Packing Heat Leather," and it arrived withing 3 days.

After about one month of usage I've been quite pleased. Shows very little wear, aside from a few breaking in creases, bends and wear marks. Even without a strap, it's kept the sidearm securely in place during shooting excursions, some light hiking through brush, and rolling/crawling around on the floor for some DIY home improvement.

Only noticed two issues. One is that the belt slots are for 1 3/4" belts. Mine is a 1 1/2." This means there is some minor, very minor, play when drawing. The other is the mouth collapsing after the sidearm is out. Pretty common, and not really a big deal as the muzzle will still go in, just a bit harder to find. I mainly posted this because I searched several forums and could not find any individual reviews despite it being a fairly popular item.

Overall I give a thumbs up to Galco and Packing Heat Leather.