The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 1, 2012, 07:58 PM   #1
Chevyss85

Need help with finding a set of rings

Hi all....first off thanks in advance to all that assist in this subject. I recently bought a Ruger M77 Mark II (.243) and found a Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 scope at what I feel was a good price but the ring set that the gun store sold me, a set of Leupold ringmount part #52306, don't seem to be correct as the scope sits 3-4 feet high. I have gone to Leupolds website and it asks if my gun is a dovetail or round receiver and being as I am new I am not sure how to tell. Thanks again to those that can lead me to seeing what I am trying to shoot and not above. lol.
Old October 2, 2012, 09:41 AM   #2
AllenJ

Your gun should have a dove tail mounting system and use Ruger factory rings. You can purchase them from Ruger or choose another outlet such as:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...RY-SCOPE-RINGS

Sorry, but I don't know which height you'll need. If you contact Ruger though they should.
Old October 2, 2012, 11:06 AM   #3
Scorch

You can buy them from Ruger, Midway, Brownells, or just about any firearms parts supplier. Keep in mind that you will need two different heights of rings, for example one low and one medium, since the front receiver ring and the rear bridge are different heights.
Old October 2, 2012, 12:09 PM   #4
SSA

According to my Leupold catalog, the 52306 is for a Ruger #1, which would mean the gun store sold you the wrong rings.
You need a set of medium rings. If you go with Ruger factory rings, a medium set consists of a #4 and a #5 ring.
You could call Optics Planet.
Old October 4, 2012, 07:54 AM   #5
Chevyss85

Sweet...Thanks all for the info, found a set at Optic planet and should be here tomorrow.