The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old September 16, 2012, 02:15 PM   #1
bushmaster65

Nipple size 4 walkers and dragoons by uberti

Been looking for treso nipples for my Walker and 2nd gen Dragoon and the possible shop is out of stock. Looked around at the other suppliers and they go by measurements and I'm not up to speed on the measurements of the nips.

Now I know one of you guys has this info and I would be very appreciative if you could actually learn me what the numbers mean etc...Also, one site had standard or metric option so i need detailed info...

Thanks guys
Old September 16, 2012, 02:34 PM   #2
robhof

robhof

As long as someone is askind, does anyone know the size for the ASM Walker or if they are interchangeable with the Uberti nipples?
Old September 16, 2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Shotput79

mykeal posted this chart a couple post down for the thread (1858 Pietta My First BP Gun.) Take a look and see if that's what your looking for. I tried to copy and past it but the putter want let me do it. Hope this helps. My Walker is fine with Remington #10s but my Dragoon the Remmie #10s are to big. Both guns are Uberti pistols.

Last edited by Shotput79; September 16, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old September 16, 2012, 04:09 PM   #4
Chowmif16

Nipple sizes

Take a look at Track of the Wolf. They list nipples by size/thread but also include which makers and models they will fit.
I bought some Treso's and I'm pretty sure it was from TOW.
Cheers,
Old September 16, 2012, 05:42 PM   #5
mykeal

Both the ASM and Uberti Walker and the Uberti 2nd Model Dragoon use nipples with a 1/4x28 thread. The Treso part number is 11-50-01. Track of the Wolf lists them with a catalog number of RST-A. The tip (or cone) height is 0.433" and they take a nipple wrench with a 0.215" slot width.

Here's the list of various nipple threads generally available with cross references between SAE and metric standards:

As far as cap sizes, to fit those Treso nipples I suggest Remington No. 11's. Some folks use CCI No. 11's, the only difference being they're taller, so they may require a bit more force to load to get them down on the cone far enough.

Old September 16, 2012, 06:55 PM   #6
Roshi

Thanks!

Thanks for all the information!
Old September 16, 2012, 11:27 PM   #7
Hellgate

For my '51 Navies, '60Armies and '58 Remijngtons the ASM & Uberti have taken the same nipple sizes. I don't know for sure on the Dragoons & Walkers but the other guns had the same nipple sizes.
SASS#3302 (Life), SASS Regulator, NRA (Life), Dirty Gamey Bastards #129
Wolverton Mtn. Peacekeepers (WA), former Orygun Cowboy (Ranger, Posse from Hell)
Old September 17, 2012, 07:17 AM   #8
bushmaster65

thank you gentlmen for the info. very much appreciated. I have plenty of time now to order them as I wont be going to the range any time soon.

while making a presentation box in my garage/wood shop for my Walker, my chop saw got hungry and took a bite outa the back of my hand.

Darn thing has a mind of its own.
Old September 17, 2012, 08:27 AM   #9
bushmaster65

ok, I just ordered 6 of the 1/4x28 for #11 caps as you had written. I noticed that they had the same size for specifically walkers and dragoons but did not speciffy #11 caps. So I went with the part number I got from TOW.
Thanks again gents and I'll let ya know how it goes
Old September 17, 2012, 09:02 PM   #10
robhof

robhof

Thanks guys, I'm glad to know that All parts for the ASM's aren't specific to their guns, all other parts have to be adjusted a little, so I always have to order 2 in case I over adjust, didn't want to try that with nipples.