The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old May 12, 2009, 07:35 AM   #1
StonedwallJ

Meriden 12ga external hammer info needed plz

My friend has a meriden 12ga double brrl side by side external hammer model that I need info on plz. Anymore info other than previouse post I have read would be greatly appreciated. He is need of both hammer screws for the gun to be fuctional other than missing screws weapon is in fine condition.
Old May 12, 2009, 09:54 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

They were in business 1900-1915, and at least some of their guns have Damascus barrels, which I strongly recommend not be fired.

There are no parts available for that gun, but a gunsmith should be able to make those screws if they have standard threads. The trouble is that the cost might be as much as the gun is worth which, unfortunately, is not much.

Jim
Old May 14, 2009, 06:21 AM   #3
StonedwallJ

Thx

Much obliged I figured he would need to go that rout but was hoping to get lucky