The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old August 17, 2005, 11:00 AM   #1

Holster, belt, and mag pouch rig needed.

I don't compete, and don't plan on it for a while. I want a holster rig for my Ruger P94. It is a 9mm Semi-auto (thought I would clarify since I asked a similar question in a different section and got a link for cowboy rigs). It is just to hold my gun, and 4 spare mags. I shoot alot and when I do, it is usually outside in the woods, or local dirt pits. I don't do like most and go pay someone else 15 bucks to let me shoot in their basement for an hour, ie indoor range. I like the paddle style mag pouches. I like the kydex holsters too. Just looking to get the complete rig, or at least a reccomendation or the individual items to get and where to get them. Sorry if this is vague, I would greatly appreciate any links. This is not for competition, just something to hold my pistol while shooting other guns.

Thanks in advance.

www.ruger-firearms.com
www.smith-wesson.com
Old August 17, 2005, 01:36 PM   #2
eerw

Here are couple of places to start

Fobus

Uncle Mikes

Wilderness tactical

a little more expensive..but really nice stuff
Comp-tac

hope that helps a little
Old August 18, 2005, 08:20 AM   #3
ampleworks

If the method of retension for the P94 is the same used on the P89 on the Fobus holsters, I'd highly advise against it. I've found no amount of stretching (since there in no adjustment screw) to remedy damn near pushing your pants down every time you holster.

Another prop for Blade-Tech but if you're looking to stay in the $20 range, the Uncle Mikes holsters are your best bet.
Old August 18, 2005, 10:46 AM   #4

Ampleworks

Where is the best place to get the holster? Also where can I get those plastic mag pouches?

www.ruger-firearms.com
www.smith-wesson.com
Old August 18, 2005, 02:58 PM   #5
ampleworks

Most gun stores have Fobus and Uncle Mike's merchandise. Either are also available for order from Fobus or Uncle Mike's. I've ordered from both and service was fairly good.

Cheaper Than Dirt sells a large variety of holsters. That link will take you to their holster selection program, just put in P94 or KP94 and it'll list all that they have available for it.