The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 23, 2012, 07:07 AM   #1
jrhilde

New Bushnell bore sighter ??

Just got one of the Bushnell laser bore sighters, the small tapered one with the attachments on the end to fit the different bores, and I just have one question about how to use it----directions state, if you use it at the range, then of course you can just dial in cross hairs on the red dot at the range you want it set at, 50 or 100 yards---ok, that's understood, but what if you want to use this device in your garage ? On the back of the direction sheet is a small circular design, target, with rings ranging from center out to 2.25 from the center and instructions say hold above center for close in use, but still fails to mention, how close, accross the room? 10 feet, 20 ft, length of the hallway? I have no idea---any of you used this system before and have some advice ?? John
Old October 23, 2012, 11:34 AM   #2
mavracer

I've never used a bore sighter. But they're just for getting you on paper after mounting a scope not fine tuning. Your scope is X inches above the bore at 20 feet your going to want the cross hairs about X- .25" above the laser. that should put you on paper.
My handguns are are for one purpose only, though...
The starter gun on the "Fat man's mad dash tactical retreat."