The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old August 7, 2004, 05:04 PM   #101
goldflounder

My brand-spankin'-new primary home defense system consists of a Glock 21 .45acp and a Surefire 6P flashlight. I guess secondary would be my katana sword, knives, machette, pepper spray, mag-lites, golf clubs, etc., or maybe another gun, but only if the .45 were unloaded. I just moved into a smaller apartment, so it's all right by my bed. Of course, there's always my patented knuckle-sandwich... Nyuk nyuk nyuk! Naturally, my 18" 870 still rules, but it's not so maneuverable in tight spaces.
Old August 7, 2004, 05:43 PM   #102
Tommy Vercetti

Colt Combat Commander .45 ACP
Old August 9, 2004, 01:50 AM   #103
LAK

30-30.

In case that is not enough, maybe I should track down Barbara Streisand's Greatest Hits - and keep it at the "ready to play".
Old August 9, 2004, 05:23 PM   #104
rugerdude

maverick 88 12 ga. toatal length: 4 feet with 5 shells of 0 buck shot at most. My house has been broken into 3 times, never while someone was home. I don't expect my house to ever be assaulted by gang members and the four gillion to one chance that that will happen is a chance i'm willing to take. however, anyone trying to rob the house while I or my dad is there will be very sorry. As far as I'm concerned about the whole "I keep a loaded .45 under my pillow sfety off and a round chambered but I'll only use that to fight my way to my M-79 grenade launcher or M-60 4 feet away in the closet/machinegun nest" attitude I think they're paranoid or just trying to make their life seem more interesting.
Old August 10, 2004, 09:20 PM   #105
Quartus

LAK, you can go to jail for a loooong time for torturing somebody....

Better to know what you don't know than to think you know what you don't know.
Old August 11, 2004, 04:35 PM   #106
RT82

Home Defense Weapon

There is no finer home defense weapon, short of a flamethrower, than a short barrel 12 ga. shotgun loaded with buckshot.