The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 10, 2019, 03:08 PM   #51
J.G. Terry

Keep up with the police and Military.....

Keep up with the police and Military orders.....I'd be conservative also if my handguns were selling like Glock's. Looks like Glock is dominating more and more of the market. Looks like they did this by being smart with a good handgun. It's easy to be hater but Glock could care less. It's just hard to argue with success.
Old December 10, 2019, 03:46 PM   #52
American Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte S+W View Post
Seriously, a .22 pistol? Why? Was there any demand whatsoever for a Glock chambered in .22LR? Because if so, then I've honestly never seen anyone ask for it.

It's a strange feeling, being disappointed by an announcement that you weren't even hyped for to begin with.
Not even a 22 WMR... just a 22LR the size of a 19. I'd have been a little less disappointed if it was a 22 WMR that is a little smaller than the G42... that would be a good pocket pistol with a decent punch... for 22 that is. I'm just not seeing the sense behind this. I know people were spazzing about the 19X when it came out but I actually love the 19X... the bigger grip fits me better than my regular 19s.

I can't see switching from my Ruger 22/45 with top and bottom rails.. and a threaded barrel for my suppressor... that was also a $100 cheaper.
Old December 10, 2019, 04:20 PM   #53
jmr40

I bet they sell faster than they can make 'em.

Winston Churchill
Old December 10, 2019, 08:19 PM   #54
tlm225

That was a big nothing. Advantage arms conversion kits are $300.00. The one we had worked just fine.
Old December 11, 2019, 08:27 AM   #55
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onward Allusion View Post
IDIOTS! G19 size frame and 10 rounds???! MSRP of around $430? LOL!
Like I said in the other thread, predictable responses..wonder if the same was true when Sig introduced THEIR 22lr pistol...with a 10r magazine..doubt it.
Quote:
Keep up with the police and Military orders.....I'd be conservative also if my handguns were selling like Glock's. Looks like Glock is dominating more and more of the market. Looks like they did this by being smart with a good handgun. It's easy to be hater but Glock could care less. It's just hard to argue with success.
Quote:
I bet they sell faster than they can make 'em.
Reality, what a concept...

Now that 16 year old can have a gun, 'just like dad's', without the recoil...Sounds like a great way to get another shooter into the Glock universe...

"Tools not Trophies”

Last edited by USNRet93; December 11, 2019 at 09:18 AM.