The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Closed Thread

Old January 16, 2013, 09:48 PM   #1
the blur

NY state

For those who do not follow NY laws. Cuomo, (our next president), just ban 100's of rifles, shotguns, pistol, mags. Everything you can think of.

His #1 goal is to be president in 4 years.

The 10/22 10 round mag is now illegal in NY. Watch out for this guy, as he just pulled off the #1 political gun grabbing laws in the nation.
Old January 16, 2013, 09:51 PM   #2
onlybrowning

As a New Yorker, I can tell you I'm totally depressed and really angry about this nonsense. Now even though I don't live in NYC, I am subjected to stricter laws than they were! It's appalling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old January 17, 2013, 06:51 AM   #3
the blur

Never mentioned you're depressed. That would mean your metally unstable, and they can knock on your door and take away your firearms.

It's written into the law.
Old January 17, 2013, 07:11 AM   #4
BillyJack3

In before this thread is locked.... (wrong forum)

But yes, it's unbelievable. Hard to watch our politicians make laws for the sake of making laws while ignoring the real problem and not looking for real solutions. I told my wife that if we lived in NY, I'd be considered a criminal when we woke up as I had more than 7 rounds loaded in my mags.
Old January 17, 2013, 07:16 AM   #5
bird_dog

Quote:
I told my wife that if we lived in NY, I'd be considered a criminal when we woke up as I had more than 7 rounds loaded in my mags.
New Yorker here.

My wife and I ceremonially pulled the 8th round out of each of my 2 Ruger P345 magazines.

I guess we're legal now, and we laughed about that. That's the only thing I laughed about this week.

The whole thing is unreal. I'm bending over backwards trying to figure out if the 9 round revolver I was about to buy would be legal or not. This is ridiculous.
Old January 17, 2013, 07:20 AM   #6
Moby

Donate to a common sense NY representative.

The butt you save may be your own.

[email protected]

She wants the constitution up held.
“A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” ~George Washington
US Coast Guard 76-86 Semper Paratus
Old January 17, 2013, 07:29 AM   #7
onlybrowning

Contacting elected officials is good, even though the 2nd amendment advocates are grossly outnumbered in both houses.
Old January 17, 2013, 08:24 AM   #8
the blur

Besides 7 rounds, they ban all calipers, even HUNTING calipers, of many many rifles. Some of which I consider hunting rifles, like the Remington R-25.

Any shotgun with the word TACICAL in it's name, is now an assault weapon.

Cuomo has grossly violated the 2nd ammendment.

I now canNOT hunt with a certain .30-06 rifle because it has a pistol grip.
Old January 17, 2013, 10:46 AM   #9
Fishbed77

Quote:
For those who do not follow NY laws.
I'm sure that those who do not follow laws in New York will be no more likely to follow this new law.
Old January 17, 2013, 10:54 AM   #10
Hairbag

FYI they did not even have the presence of mind to excempt law enforcement in their safe act bill including retired and active police officers so as of now every on duty officer across the state is in violation of this new law including the detail that protects the nys gov and the nyc mayor. If one of these officers has to take deadly force while on/off duty will leave serious trouble for lawyers to have a field day with lawsuits. They all have more than 7 rd magazines. These people who are running our states and counrty are so quick to take away our rights that it is scary. They have become very dangerous people.
Old January 17, 2013, 11:31 AM   #11
CTS

Wasn't there a SCOTUS case recently saying that the state of Illinois could not supersede the second amendment, in effect, could not keep their citizens from arming themselves. You might think that this is different but I don't believe it is. I don't believe it would pass the Supreme Court if challenged.
Old January 17, 2013, 11:42 AM   #12
Glenn E. Meyer

A discussion of politics is not appropriate in a technical forum.

We have a general NYS discussion at:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...512437&page=10

Please take it there.

Closed.