The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 15, 2009, 07:17 PM   #1
corbitt1968

Tactical Shotgun

Can someone give me a website to buy a AR-15 style grip adapter with the option to add a ar style buttstock for a Benelli supernova shotgun.
Old March 15, 2009, 07:37 PM   #2
inSight-NEO

An "AR style" stock for the Benelli SN? I dont think it can be done. I have never seen this type of stock available within the USA for this particular shotgun (I have the Benelli SuperNova Tactical). Its my understanding that, while the SuperNova (tactical) was originally designed to accomodate a collapsible stock (assuming this is what you were wanting), it never became a viable option within the United States. For the SuperNova and/or SuperNova tactical, your only 2 options at this point are either the Comfortech Stock or SteadyGrip stock.

Best bet is just to acquire, if you havent already, the SteadyGrip pistol grip stock offered by Benelli. These are very nice stocks and offer great control.

Last edited by inSight-NEO; March 15, 2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old March 16, 2009, 12:34 AM   #3
.351winchester

The Benelli M4/1014 collapsing stock does fit the Super Nova, NEO? I assumed it would but wasn't sure. A local shop had one for like 120., saw it again a month ago Obamashock hiked up to 200. Sell for even more on eBay when they're on there. Great design for a combat SG stock, I like it a lot and would be worth the ridiculous price.
Played around with a Desert Camo SN Defense yesterday (and a nice rifle sighted M2 Tactical with Steadygrip, think with the Comfortech you can't lose with either choice unless you want a legal 8 shot capacity auto). You can't really compare them to any other pump gun, way different, but I like it. One time a dealer handed me one chamber open and I gently started to close the bolt. He goes, "this little gal, likes it fast and hard", took it back and began rapidly and forcefully cocking and dryfiring towards the ceiling. Then hands it back for me to presumably do the same (I just shouldered it and got the feel) Funniest thing I ever saw in a gun shop. If I get another pump am 100% sure it will be a Super Nova.
Old March 16, 2009, 04:42 PM   #4
corbitt1968

Well i was looking for a six postion ar stock with a buffer in it. I shot a buddy's of mine remington 870 that he made up with a ar style adapter to acept ar buttstocks and a similar forend for the pump. It was pretty bad ass. Especially if your shooting lots of slugs
Old March 16, 2009, 05:25 PM   #5
colostomyclown

Plunging down into The Pit Of Edit....

Last edited by Dave McC; March 18, 2009 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Childish and rude behavior....
Old March 16, 2009, 08:33 PM   #6
lipadj46

wow that's kind of harsh
Old March 16, 2009, 11:48 PM   #7
Evyl Robot

Kind of? No, that's real harsh. I, personally don't want an adjustable for my shotty, but that doesn't at all make it an idiotic thing to want.

I have to believe that what you are looking for exists, and if it makes the gun more comfortable for you, or more practical for your purposes, do it. Keep looking around. You'll find what you are looking for. Also, look at some other options as they come along - maybe you'll find something that you like more!
Old March 17, 2009, 02:47 PM   #8
corbitt1968

Hey thanks robot
Old March 17, 2009, 02:48 PM   #9
corbitt1968

People like you clown that prove my theory right every day