The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 10, 2008, 11:04 AM   #1
xtargeeter

Two Thumbs Up for Dillon Customer Service

I’ve read various places about the cost of Dillon equipment, but I’m willing to pay the extra to get the service I got.

I had one of the Dillon electronic scales and a small tumbler go bad on me. The display would just show gibberish, and the tumbler would just shimmy, rather than shake. Frankly, I think the tumbler wore out and the scale went bad due to the heat in Tucson.

Anyway, I walked into the Phoenix store with the stuff and told them my tale of woe. The guy behind the counter just walked over to the shelf and handed me a new-in-box scale. He then plugged in the tumbler, looked at it and started to get me another one. I asked him if I could get credit for it and apply it to the bigger unit. No problem at all.

So, I now have a brand new large tumbler and a new scale. No quibbles, no requirements for the original packing, no hassles at all.

Like I said, I might pay more for the equipment, but it is worth every penny.

I don’t work for the company and I don’t own stock in it, I’m just a very happy customer. From what I’ve seen, I suspect that everyone with Dillon equipment is treated the same way.

Kudos to the professional staff and who ever trained them in customer service.
Old May 10, 2008, 05:37 PM   #2
arizona98tj

Not only good customer service, but a sense of humor too.......

A couple of months ago, I was in Dillon's picking up my 650. I was reading off my list of "stuff" while the employee gathered this and that from the shelves.

The customer ahead of me had paid for his new 1050 (with all the trimmings). A couple of other employees were scampering around looking for some rope to help secure the plethora of boxes in the customer's sports car (trunk and passenger seat). It was quite a site as 100 pounds of "stuff" was being crammed into a 50 pound container.

Just as the sports car was driving away, the employee that was ringing up my purchase asked what I was driving....I motioned towards my Jeep sitting the lot. He comments...."If you are smart, you'll hurry up and follow that guy with the 1050. When it falls out on the freeway, stop and toss it in the back of your Jeep. If there is any damage, bring it back and see me.....I'll fix it under warranty."
Old May 11, 2008, 07:52 AM   #3
Sevens

Some guy on another forum had an RL550 and he was having some marriage problems. His wife took an axe to his Dillon and did her best. It was a mess.

He called 'em up, they told him to ship it back, and they replaced it with another.