The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 27, 2013, 06:12 PM   #26
PlungerLips

Quote:
(win-lose) This is part of the Progressive agenda and nothing new. To my mind, the Progressive movement is the greatest threat to our country. Sorry if this is too political...
You are exactly right. Never forget this!
Old January 27, 2013, 09:37 PM   #27
WyMark

Quote:
They also published one of the best pro-gun pieces I have ever read.
LOL, Holy crap I haven't read that since it was first posted. Yes, I agree, that is probably one of the best pro-gun articles ever written. And it was written by a damn liberal, of all things.

But that's beside the point. We still have to boycott somebody or justice hasn't been served.
Old January 28, 2013, 12:01 PM   #28
Elker_43

JohnWilliamson,
Thanks for providing the link to the "Why Liberals should love the Second Amendment" (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/0...cond-Amendment).

Although written nearly five years ago by a Liberal, the article and comments to the article are a great read. Makes one think that there are some gun control liberals and writers who may ultimately realize their mistake and rethink their attitudes about all of the Constitution.
Old January 31, 2013, 09:14 PM   #29
oldgunsmith

The idea that you can legislate guns out of existence is not rational.
Old January 31, 2013, 09:23 PM   #30
PoiDog

The "segway" part is hilarious.

I saw a mall security guard on one of those things, and I told my wife "I bet in his mind he's singing "Born to be Wild" as he putts along.

LOL
Old January 31, 2013, 09:48 PM   #31
SycoPath

"Still, all I am seeing are more ideas that will take away firearms from law abiding citizens, but yet does nothing to adress the use of firearms used in crimes. I just don't get why people can't see that all a full ban of guns would do is give the criminals the upper hand."

The criminals (Senators, Congressmen, President) already have the upper hand.