The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 14, 2011, 12:19 PM   #1
MLeake

More range fun with my M&P45s

Broke out the full-size and compact, and shot a bunch of Georgia Arms 185gr FMJs.

Spent part of my time practicing draw and point fire, punching the gun forward but not using the sights, and was very pleased by how easy it was to keep rounds in the silhouette torso at 7 yards. (Everything between the 8's with the compact; all rounds but one in the head with the full-size.)

Then decided to see how tight they'd shoot, reasonably quickly but using the sights, at 7 yards; both 15 to the torso and 10 to the head.

Full-size:

Compact:

At 15 yards, and about one shot per second, they opened up more. Torso shots with fullsize, head shots with compact, 25 each:

I like them.
Old December 14, 2011, 02:32 PM   #2
Isk

That's some nice shooting. I feel sorry for the guy that tries to mug you.
Old December 14, 2011, 02:49 PM   #3
MLeake

Thing is, I'm early 40s 6ft 205lbs and in pretty good shape, so I don't seem to draw the attention of that sort.

This may change as I get older... Hopefully the appearance of situational awareness will act as a future deterrent.

Or real situational awareness will keep me out of their reach. Better yet.

Worst case, reasonable shooting skills are backed up by comparable aikido skills...

But anyway, the M&P line is worth a look.