The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old January 25, 2002, 03:42 PM   #1
usncorpsmanpmt

Can anyone identify these Beretta Mags?

They were given to me by one of my buddies from Force Recon. The mags have 1996 F.I.M. marked under the witness holes. They also have ASSY 9346413 SAR6 marked on the right side. I know that the ban went into effect in 1994, but there are no goverment /Law enforcement markings on them anywhere. I have attached a pic. Any help would be appreciated as I don't need them and would like to get rid of them, but legally.

Thanks
USNCORPSMAN
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-001f.jpg (43.7 KB, 240 views)

Last edited by JohnKSa; May 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old January 25, 2002, 04:04 PM   #2
Mike Irwin
Staff

Well, they look like standard Beretta 92 mags, if you're wondering what guy they're for.

As for wether they're legal or not, beats me. Sorry.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old January 25, 2002, 04:41 PM   #3
Jack19

They look like European manufactured 92 mags. Do you have a better pic of the markings?
Old January 25, 2002, 06:03 PM   #4
usncorpsmanpmt

Thanks for the reply guys.

Mike,
They are Beretta 92 mags. I have been on active duty for the past 12 years and the Beretta has been our issued weapon for the whole time. What made me wonder if they were legal to sell or not is the 1996 markings.

Jack19.

My buddy did tell me that these mags were given to him by a soldier overseas during one of his many deployments to the MED. They are also coated with a matte, almost parkerized type of finish instead of the blued finish on most Beretta mags that I have seen. I will try to get a better pic in the morning. Like I said, there are no military, law enforcement or government markings on them at all

Thanks
USNCORPSMAN
Old January 25, 2002, 08:30 PM   #5
johnwill

No doubt they're Beretta 92 mags, and I'd bet money that the 1996 is exactly what it appears to be, the manufacture date! These are not legal for non-LEO or military use in the USA.
Old January 25, 2002, 11:11 PM   #6
Blue Duck357

Quote:
My buddy did tell me that these mags were given to him by a soldier overseas during one of his many deployments
Your buddy illegally imported these magazines, expect black masked men crashing through your door at any minute

Seriously I would not try to sell them over the net or anything like that, it could get you into serious trouble. I'd ditch them myself but thats just me. You rolls the dice and takes your chances.
Old January 26, 2002, 07:52 AM   #7
usncorpsmanpmt

Thanks for all the replys.

I just took the mags to our security department and turned them in. Easy as pie and no questions asked.
Old May 6, 2013, 10:13 PM   #8
Killit n Grillit

I know it's been about 11 years later,any updates on these mags,some say they are rare and pretty close to top of the line. Thanks
Closed Thread