The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old April 4, 2006, 09:13 PM   #1
SUperMidget

J. Stevens Arms & Tool Co. Shotgun

I recently came into possession of a J Stevens Arms & Tool Co. reciever and forend for a single shot shotgun. I have all the hardware except the barrel, and I was wondering what the likelyhood of finding a replacement barrel would be.

Or is it even worth the time and effort and money to restore it; I have absolutely no sentimental value in this, but I couldn't stand by while an old firearm was thrown out without at least trying.

I have already tried Numrich's, and was wondering if there was some other source for parts for older guns. Any help would be appreciated.
Old April 5, 2006, 02:22 AM   #2
Steven Mace

Try the people at the Small Arms Shop.

www.savageparts.com

They specialize in parts for older Savage & Stevens firearms. Hope this helps.

Steve Mace
Old April 11, 2006, 06:16 PM   #3
UniversalFrost

try these

www.gunbroker.com

www.brownells.com

www.midwayusa.com

www.Natchezss.com

or you could try eBay. I picked up a barrel and clip for an old stevens 20 ga. bolt action shotgun model 58 . on eBay for a lot less than what it would cost anywhere else.

if it is too much work for you and don't want to keep it post some pics and I might be interested in buying it from you if the price is right.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Old May 15, 2009, 08:46 PM   #4
tuboe

J Stevens Nitro Special

I have J. Steven Arms, 12 gage, Nitro Special with I believe is the serial number of AT 226. I would like to know the year of manufacture. It belonged to my grandfather.
Old May 16, 2009, 04:31 AM   #5
PetahW

tuboe - You might get an answer to your question with wider exposure in a separate thread, rather than burying your question in SUperMidget's.

SUperMidget - If you cannot find a barrel for $25 or so, you would be miles ahead, parting out what you have to , say, a gunshow parts dealer.
I once did that with a H&R action, buttstock & forend, realizing $70 in my pocket.