The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 31, 2007, 02:55 PM   #1
Brad Clodfelter
Registration in progress

Patrick Flanigan "Gone Wild"

Watch this video to see one of the best shotgun shooters that ever lived. Pat I believe broke Tom Knapp's record of self-hand-tossed clay pigeons into the air with 10.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/265220...gan_gone_wild/
Old August 31, 2007, 07:17 PM   #2
williamd

When quite young I got to see Herb Parsons, a great Winc shooter, do marvels with a M12. Later saw Tony Rhedy, another Winc shooter in Australia and Canada, demonstrate. Herb was more of a showman but Tony impressed by shooting with a blindfols. If the traps were set right, little wind and pulls were right on then Tony would break into the 20s blinkfolded. Said he got his practice flying ME-109s in WW II! Kids loved them both and vice versa. These guys do a lot for the shooting sports.

Was invited to shoot with a young lady and her instructor at Pachmayr (El Monte T & S - Whittier Narrows in LA area when you shot at I-10!) one noon. She mentioned her Dad would join us later. ... ok. Saw a white sports car drive up and an older (then) gent walk over and take a bench to watch. I had a good day and when I walked back and Dad (Robert Stack) said "Nice Shooting!" Man, he did more for my shooting and ego in two words than I had had from anyone in years. He was having back problems so shooting, as I recall, an 1100 in 28g. A great guy who was willing to talk skeet, guns, Lee Marvin, Clark Gable, .... very down to earth. Did not mind the trap boys and youngsters hanging around. Need more like Mr. Stack.
Old September 3, 2007, 12:35 AM   #3
FirstFreedom

He's a bad man...the equal (at least) of Tom Knapp.