The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 16, 2005, 07:03 PM   #1
2ksportny

Need New Holster Any Suggestions?

New to the forum, but not to guns. Just a quick hello before I start w/my question.
I like the look & atmosphere on this forum alot.

I want to get a new holster I have a glock 23 that I am using w/a fobus paddle holster. I do not like how easily it slides in & out, so I was thinking of a desantis mini slide thumbreak holster (2 slot). It is for off duty conceal carry.
Old September 16, 2005, 07:12 PM   #2
DanV1317

If you want an OWB holster that is kydex, i'd buy a blade tech. You can adjust the tension on the gun when pulling it out of the holster (unlike the fobus), and they are just a great holster. If you want an IWB holster, comp tac makes a c-tac which is kydex and is also an extremly nice holster.

If you want leather IWB, i think Milt Sparks Versa Max II is the new hot item. Have heard awesome reviews on them, mine will be in on monday for my G19
Old September 16, 2005, 07:35 PM   #3
Swamp Yankee

Couple of thoughts

For off the rack take a look at the Don Hume line. Very well made, nice people, reasonably priced.
www.donhume.com

If your interest is in a more custom holster, made to accommodate any of your "particulars", try Fist. A bit of a wait but definately nice work and they do stand behind their products.
www.fist-inc.com

Take Care
Old September 16, 2005, 08:31 PM   #4
2ksportny

Thanks for the advice. I ended up getting the Desantis mini w/thumbreak. I liked how small and easy to conceal it is. Plus the leather is really good quality. I also reall liked the draw it has, the gun is at a slight foward tilt which is nice for quick draw if needed, it is overall a very nice & smooth holster.
I have to get use to having a thumbreak though it is still kind of new to me.