The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 3, 2005, 09:01 PM   #1
Stephen A. Camp
Staff In Memoriam

New Holster from Garrity's Gunleather: Triskel

Hello. I recently received a prototype holster from Mark Garrity of Garrity's Gunleather. He had named it the "Triskel" from ancient Celtic as the holster is capable of being used in three different carry modes: IWB, OWB, and "tuckable IWB."

This unlined holster appears to be very well made and I think it would last for years of daily wear.

The Triskel I received was for the 9mm Hi Power. Fit was perfect and the holster was superbly molded to the gun. I'm sure it will be available for other makes, including the 1911.

The holster can be adapted to IWB or OWB by removing two allen head screws and sliding out the kydex clips, reversing the clip's "hook" directions and then reinserting and securing. The whole process is quite quick and not complicated.

The clips allow for not only drop adjustment, but canting as well.

I found the holster extremely comfortable as an IWB holster and my initial concerns that it was possibly too large to work as such were completely without merit. This is one of the most comfortable IWB holsters I've ever tried.

The Triskel is quite comfortable and allows for relatively easy concealment of larger handguns.

I think the holster is not only well made, but a good idea as well. If you do too, or are interested in a more detailed report, the link below will provide one. Contact information for Mark Garrity is also provided as he would be the man to answer questions on pricing, availability, and other options.

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/T...%20Garrity.htm

Best.
Old September 14, 2005, 06:44 PM   #2
grey9551

Another option

Hi Guys,

Steve did an excellent review of the Triskel Holster. Mark also sent me one to test for him and I am doing the testing using a Ted Yost custom Colt Commander.

I will be coming out with my review over the week end and I have come up with another very practical use for the Holster.

The Triskel can easily be used as a driving holster. You would use it in a cross draw formation with the clips in the OWB position. This way it could either be attached to the driver’s belt or to the seat belt strap.

I know of several states that the holster must be visible from the outside so an officer can notice it. If you can't make it visible then must lock it up unloaded in a secure area. The driving holster idea really works I have tried it on several occasions.

This adds yet another mode of carry all which work well. It is a very reasonably priced holster when you can get four valid modes of carry for $80.00.

Call Mark and get your orders in guys, this is going to be one hot item and I guarantee you won't regret it.

Gary Morris
M625-2-4"
M625-6-5"
M637-2-1 7/8th
M681PC 3"
M686-2&1/2" 6 shot
Old September 14, 2005, 08:45 PM   #3
HSMITH

Mr. Camp, your reviews and posts are always welcomed. Good information and SUPERB photos seem to be the norm for you, and I appreciate it.