The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 20, 2005, 04:22 PM   #1
Ruger # 1

Norma Oryx ???

I've been hearing of a relatively new bullet on the market from Norma called the Oryx. Anybody out there used these yet? If so, what do you think of 'em?Terminal performance good? I think I may give 'em a try in my .243. The only other bonded bullet I can find for it is the Scirrocco, and I have heard mixed reviews on it. thanks for any help!
Old April 20, 2005, 04:58 PM   #2
Wildalaska

Norma Oryx have been out for many years, they are excellent but a bit spendy if that matters to ya

WildeurotrashAlaska
Old April 21, 2005, 08:02 AM   #3
Mikke

Norma Oryx have a good reputation here in Sweden, at least in the more common calibers, .30, 9.3 and 6.5. I think the .243 version is pretty new, so I can't say anything about that one.

The 180gr .30 have also given good precision for me, both in my own 308 Win and a buddys 30-06.
Old April 23, 2005, 10:35 AM   #4
Ruger # 1

Thanks for the info!
Old April 24, 2005, 03:02 PM   #5
Chip 2

What is your 243 going to be used for? If for varmint or deer hunting here in the states, any of the American bullets will work just as good, and a whole lot cheaper. If you must have a whiz bang hi-tech bullet try a Nosler Partition, Barns, the Win high tech bullets which I can't remember the name. I've kill a lot of game in the past 50 years, from rock chucks to elk and have never had a problem with the common bullets like Hornady, Speer or Seirra. But your milage may differ. Buy American, we need the money and jobs.