The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old February 3, 2018, 08:46 PM   #1
subhuman

Kel=Tec RDF 18, 7.62NATO

I'm a pistol guy at heart and just not real big on rifles, I own 3, SKS, Savage model 99 30-30, and a Ruger 10/22, but I drooled on this little chunk of rifle this morning and really like the thing, best I can tell it had some teething problems but seem to be doing pretty good now, thing weighs around 8.5 lbs but that will help soak up that .308 recoil, the package gives you 20 rounds of .308 out of an 18" barrel in a dang small package , I am sorely tempted..... any of y'all have one?

Old February 3, 2018, 09:03 PM   #2
Tallest

Kel=Tec RDF 18, 7.62NATO

I don’t have one, but I have a buddy who does (he’s a kel-tec collector... weird, right?). I have shot it, and honestly it was scary easy to shoot stuff with it. It felt like Call of Duty. He had a zero magnification red dot on it, and we just plinking on empty spray paint cans at 50-100 yds. It was too easy. In my experience, and to be fair I haven’t fired that many 308s, it was the most manageable 308 I’ve fired. And surprisingly accurate as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk