The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 12, 2006, 06:55 AM   #1
OMCHamlin

Cardboard ammo boxes?

Does anyone know a source where I can find a hundred + or so cardboard ammo boxes to hold 20 rds each of .308 ammo? I just hate storing them loose. Midway has them, but only sells them by the 500, and doesn't have the trays to go with them, anyone know of any OTHER sources for them?
Thanks,
Chris
[email protected]
Old February 12, 2006, 10:29 AM   #2
Monkey

Ebay!

Try this:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...title=ammo+box
Old February 12, 2006, 12:55 PM   #3
Mal H
Staff

These guys have 'em: www.handgun-brass.com
Old February 12, 2006, 01:13 PM   #4
Robert M Boren Sr

Try midway, they have a good selection of boxes and the Plastic ones aren't all that expensive. I buy them buy the case and it's usually 10 to 12 bucks, and that for 10 of the 50 rnd flip top plastic boxes. http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe...**731***683***
Old February 12, 2006, 02:45 PM   #5
Rico567

I have bunches of plastic boxes I no longer use. I got over having to have each round in its own little compartment, but, then, I don't shoot benchrest, either. I've moved completely to Ziploc bags for storage, and am looking no further. Storing rounds loose in Ziploc bags doesn't seem to hurt the ammo in any way, and it saves a lot of time, is cheap and easy to label, and keeps the cases shinier way longer than boxes, whether cardboard or plastic.

- Mark Twain
Old February 13, 2006, 06:08 AM   #6
WESHOOT2

spellin'?

Scharch Mfg
Old February 13, 2006, 08:56 AM   #7
Olaf

Midway certainly DOES have what you are seeking......try product # 613404. This particular item is a cardboard ammo box, with a styrofoam tray inside, 20 (rifle) round capacity, quantity 25 units, for $12.29.
Old February 13, 2006, 11:58 AM   #8
donkee

Quote:
Midway certainly DOES have what you are seeking......try product # 613404. This particular item is a cardboard ammo box, with a styrofoam tray inside, 20 (rifle) round capacity, quantity 25 units, for $12.29
They are out of stock and who knows when they'll have them in. A seasonal run or some such......
Old February 13, 2006, 03:51 PM   #9
nbkky71

Quote:
These guys have 'em: www.handgun-brass.com
I've bought cardboard ammo boxes from these folks and was very happy with them. Great customer service and the prices were very reasonable (and included shipping).

Plus they sent me a free box of their .45ACP brass for purchasing sooo many ammo boxes!
Old July 2, 2009, 01:15 PM   #10
yrralguthrie

Cardboard

I placed an order with handgun brass this morning http://www.scharch.com

First of all virtually all of what they had in their catalog was out of stock.

I ordered cardboard ammo boxes which were in stock.

Their confirmation email did not have a valid return address. They stated that their shipping time was 2-3 weeks. AND if I wanted to cancel it would cost me $25.00. Why they are behind on their shipping is a mystery since they had almost nothing that was in stock. No or almost no bullets or brass.

As I said their email address was invalid and the phone number they gave me was answered only by a machine. Customer support??? There was none.

Larry