The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 6, 2012, 12:19 AM   #1
jtyson

My first Glock

Got a 3rd Gen Glock 19 in a trade today and I am pretty excited about it. I have never owned or for that matter even shot a glock before. Going to take some getting used to carrying a striker fired pistol.

One thing I am concerned about...I have some pretty large hands. My pinky does not sit on the grip unless I cram it on there. That isn't a huge issue as it is the same on my S&W 457. However, my fingers don't fit in the finger grooves. I know customising - ie shaving them off would kill the value, so do they make some sort of slip on that gets rid of the finger grooves?

Thanks for the info, and hopefully in the next week or two I will be able to head to the range and give this thing a go!
Old May 6, 2012, 12:34 AM   #2
TheNocturnus

Welcome to the club. I recently got another Glock myself, also a Gen 3 Glock 19. I will be using mine as my primary CCW piece. They do make good pachmayr and hogue grips for the Glocks. They won't remove the finger grooves but might make them more comfortable for you. You can find them readily on eBay or online firearm specialty shops.

Check these sites for info:

http://www.pachmayr.com/home/

http://www.getgrip.com/
Brain (Use this one the most)