The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 12, 2001, 02:42 PM   #1
Longgunnr

Anyone got the course of fire for the shotgun portion of the Chuck Taylor "Combat Master" course. I think the Front Sight four-day shotgun course test is the same. I might to Front Sight this fall and I want to see what's in store for me. Thx.
Old April 12, 2001, 03:18 PM   #2
MikeWrite

Longgunnr,

The graduation requirements for the shotgun portion of Chuck Taylor's "Combat Master" course are as follows:

Underarm Assault only - single target - 1 shot per drill, drill performed five times
7 meters - 1.0 second

Shoulder fired only - single target - 1 shot per drill, each drill performed 10 times
10 meters - 1.2 seconds
15 meters - 1.5 seconds
25 meters - 1.8 seconds

Multiple Targets - targets at 7 meters, 2 meters apart center to center, performed drills once.
2 targets - 1 shot on each - 1.5 seconds
3 targets - 1 shot on each - 2.0 seconds

This is to qualify as a Three/Four Weapon "Combat Master." The final qual for the shotgun-only course may be somewhat different. You can read more about it at http://www.chucktaylorasaa.com. I'm not sure if this is the same qual used at Front Sight, though Taylor was employed there for a time.

Hope this is useful.

Mike

Old April 13, 2001, 09:55 PM   #3
Longgunnr

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply!

From what I heard from a friend that went to Front Sight (and didn't write the test down, ugh!) was that they had a test that was 400 pts total just for shotgun. The chucktaylorasaa test is 400 pts for all 4 weapons.

Anyone have notes on the Front Sight test? Thx