The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 1, 2020, 01:39 PM   #1
markr6754

Small Pistol Primers

New
I woke up this morning, scrolled through Facebook and saw a post “SMALL PISTOL PRIMERS BACK IN STOCK!!!!!!!!!”
Thought they were probably sold out by now. Called, grabbed my wife and granddaughter and lit out.

Would you believe...no limit...and...they gave me a veteran’s discount without me asking.

Locked & Loaded Ammunition, LLC in Franklin, Ohio.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 039C6955-BA8D-4DFD-A565-BC1355751B75.jpeg (341.4 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpeg 4FAF13F5-630D-472E-8165-61768198B13C.jpeg (309.7 KB, 68 views)
Old August 1, 2020, 03:22 PM   #2
Marco Califo

I have not seen any Tula primers for a long time. I have a large supply of their 5.56M and like them a lot.
Best prices are cases of 5,000 (or more). My only local source for primers is more expensive than mail order deals. MidsouthShootersSupply.com does not have those primers (any in the pictures) in stock.

Last edited by Marco Califo; August 1, 2020 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Details
Old August 1, 2020, 09:17 PM   #3
markr6754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Califo View Post
I have not seen any Tula primers for a long time. I have a large supply of their 5.56M and like them a lot.
Best prices are cases of 5,00 (or more). My only local source for primers is more expensive than mail order deals. MidsouthShootersSupply.com does not have those primers (any in the pictures) in stock.
The shop owner told me these were his first primers since March. I bought the Tulas based on posts in this forum. I’ve never seen them before...only heard that lotta folks like them. The S&B were a total surprise. They left the US market, so this must’ve been some secret stash somewhere. I have about 5,000 small rifle primers from S&B...got them when Cabela’s cleared them out.
Old August 1, 2020, 09:29 PM   #4
Marco Califo

There is also another East Europeanean white box brand sounds like Genexes (spelling?). I got some of their LPP a year ago. Boxed in Bosni and HERZEGOVINA.
Tula primers back on the market is a good thing. I thought there were Russian economic sanctions.
Old August 1, 2020, 09:53 PM   #5
markr6754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Califo View Post
There is also another East Europeanean white box brand sounds like Genexes (spelling?). I got some of their LPP a year ago. Boxed in Bosni and HERZEGOVINA.
Tula primers back on the market is a good thing. I thought there were Russian economic sanctions.
I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Finding Tulas and Sellior & Bellot primers on the same shelf indicates that the warehouses must be getting into the stuff that fell behind the racks. S&B left the US market 2 years ago. Of course, if our current shortage has brought them back, then I’m a happy camper indeed. Love S&B primers.
Old August 2, 2020, 01:07 AM   #6
Machineguntony

Fiochi primers are pretty good, too.

Hopefully those come back after the panic is over.

Last edited by Machineguntony; August 2, 2020 at 10:00 AM.
Old August 2, 2020, 07:39 AM   #7
the45er

I went to the Locked and Loaded Ammunition in Franklin website and searched "primers" in their search box. Everything that came up was loaded ammo. Not a single "primer" manufacturer. I'm wondering if they don't offer primers through the mail order?
Old August 3, 2020, 05:10 PM   #8
markr6754

Quote:
Originally Posted by the45er View Post
I went to the Locked and Loaded Ammunition in Franklin website and searched "primers" in their search box. Everything that came up was loaded ammo. Not a single "primer" manufacturer. I'm wondering if they don't offer primers through the mail order?
It's a tiny shop. I'd doubt they do any kind of mail order. Hit them up on Facebook, they seem to respond through that medium pretty quickly. Or give them a call. It's a family run shop...very friendly folk.