The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 2, 2017, 06:58 PM   #1
Bartholomew Roberts

Duluth Firehose Cargo Shorts

I'm sure I am not alone in carrying a fair amount of gear as well as struggling to keep gear segregated for easy access or safety. Lately, I bought a pair of the Duluth shorts. I've been inpressed so far - belt loops are positioned right for 2-3 or 3-4 hip carry.

Each cargo pocket has 3 separate pockets - one main pocket secured by a flap with velcro fasteners, and then on top of that one outside pocket that is perfectly sized to an AR15 mag and is covered by the main flap. Next to that is a shorter outside pocket that can be accessed without opening the main flap and is well-sized for an "executive" type flashlight or a Leek-sized pocket knife. Spacious waist level pockets big enough to hold a Glock 26. There are even pockets inside the shorts for ID or cash.

The pants are made out of the same canvas that covers firehoses so it is tough and durable. Magazine edges and pokey parts don't abrade it.

Only complaint so far is they are heavy and don't breathe well, so they can be toasty in the Texas summer. All in all though, they are great for carrying since I can have phone, flashlight, spare magazine, knife, etc. each in its own pocket.
Old December 3, 2017, 09:24 AM   #2
jpx2rk

I've got a pair of the long pants in the firehose material, good winter pants, and very durable.