The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 11, 2018, 06:27 PM   #51
FITASC

The SIG ships with 2 10 round mags, one flush and one with a slight finger extension. The 12 round mags increased the grip for a full three finger grip possibility.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old November 11, 2018, 07:37 PM   #52
Bartholomew Roberts

The SIG P365 is the first compact gun to interest me enough to consider replacing my Glock 26. The problem is I just don’t trust SIG not to use me as a beta tester and I don’t think it is worth the current price for a few extra rounds.

Not to mention, the lack of some type of inertia-prevention device on the trigger strikes me as a bad idea on a gun that might be pocket carried.
Old November 14, 2018, 05:21 PM   #53
smee78

I was visiting some family last week and he had just got his new Sig365. The gun felt great in the hand with the 12 round mags. I will likely wait till I can shoot one before I seriously think about getting one but WOW it felt great and the size was perfect for carry in my opinion.
Old November 14, 2018, 07:17 PM   #54
FITASC

Quote:
The SIG P365 is the first compact gun to interest me enough to consider replacing my Glock 26. The problem is I just don’t trust SIG not to use me as a beta tester and I don’t think it is worth the current price for a few extra rounds.
Get the newer ones made in June or later and you'll be GTG. Mine has been flawless so far and the 12 round mags make the grip even nicer.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old November 14, 2018, 11:26 PM   #55
JMag1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew Roberts View Post

Not to mention, the lack of some type of inertia-prevention device on the trigger strikes me as a bad idea on a gun that might be pocket carried.

I do love my G26, but my P365 was worth the price of admission. Take the plunge, the water is fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old November 15, 2018, 09:38 AM   #56
TrueBlue711

So I heard there were rolling improvements on the gun and the big "made by date" to look for is June or July. Has any more been made since then or are all made after the June/July supposedly the same? I'm looking to grab one for Black Friday for around $420.
Old November 15, 2018, 05:32 PM   #57
fl_rich

Mine is post June. For an update it now has about 300 rounds down the pipe. I just cant warm up t o it. Either giving it to a family member or trading it for something else. I have 6 handguns never considered getting rid of any of them. This will be my first. I just don't feel confident with it.

I do however love carrying my XDS 45. Fits my hand much better.
Old November 15, 2018, 08:11 PM   #58
Brit

In looking at the way this pistol was introduced, small, 10 round magazine, good trigger, accurate.

Then the primer drag! That had to break the firing pin! How that could not have been seen during testing, and fixed, I do not know. A couple of triggers broke?
Sig is a huge Company, been around for years, how could this happen?

My Glock 19 is good enough for me.
Old November 24, 2018, 02:10 PM   #59
rt11002003

Finally had a chance to see how the p365 would fit me. Better trigger than my Kimber9. I would have bought the little SIG, but the rear of the base of the grip dug into the palm of my hand. Suspect it would break the skin when firing it. (Wimp Softy:-) Felt ok with 12 round mag. However, didn't feel like spending almost $50 to make the gun comfortable. Especially since I already have the Kimber9 and a Shield45 to carry. b/t/w, I find the Shield easier to control than the Kimber9.
Old November 24, 2018, 04:04 PM   #60
FITASC

Quote:
In looking at the way this pistol was introduced, small, 10 round magazine, good trigger, accurate.

Then the primer drag! That had to break the firing pin! How that could not have been seen during testing, and fixed, I do not know. A couple of triggers broke?
Sig is a huge Company, been around for years, how could this happen?

My Glock 19 is good enough for me.
So you never give any brand a second chance? Does that include EVERY car maker since they all have had recalls? Or all of the gun makers who have had issues with a new model?
Old November 24, 2018, 06:09 PM   #61
CLYA

If there is some anti- 365 comments here....

Did I mention that within the last two months, my family now owns two of these. Excellent size wise, and the fact it holds 10 or 12 rounds, in a package that's smaller than my 9mm Shield with its extended mag. What is really exceptional, is it's accuracy. I'd have never expected a semi-auto of this size, to do so well. I'm over 1500 rounds now, without any hint of failure. Mine is an Oct. 1 build. My wife is working on her round count too. In the meantime, she still carries her Glock 43. She wanted a 365 after shooting mine.
Old November 24, 2018, 06:42 PM   #62
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by FITASC View Post
So you never give any brand a second chance? Does that include EVERY car maker since they all have had recalls? Or all of the gun makers who have had issues with a new model?
I think the issue is whether or not this, 'designed for carry' handgun, inspires confidence if it's ever really needed. Would you get a car that was known for exploding airbags that might blind you or perhaps have the accelerator stick and cause you to do a 90mph crash?

I wouldn't. Sig is giganto but to have 'new models' with much advertised issues(P320 also)..and 'maybe' have them to not work perfectly for that 'shot'? no thanks.

Between my son and I, we have owned or do own 9 Glocks..never have had any issue with any of them, ever..I know small sample size but still.

"Tools not Trophies”
Old November 24, 2018, 08:58 PM   #63
Roamin_Wade

I love the pistol. I don’t have one yet but I will. I’m not a huge fan of striker fire pistols and I think a palm safety would top it off nicely. The sticker just feels like it doesn’t have much ass behind it but if it does, it does, you know? I give it two thumbs up in Z formation!!!
Old November 24, 2018, 09:30 PM   #64
WyMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt11002003
Finally had a chance to see how the p365 would fit me. Better trigger than my Kimber9. I would have bought the little SIG, but the rear of the base of the grip dug into the palm of my hand. Suspect it would break the skin when firing it. (Wimp Softy:-) Felt ok with 12 round mag. However, didn't feel like spending almost $50 to make the gun comfortable.
Exactly the same issue here. Finally got a chance to fondle one today and the base of the mag dug into my palm enough that I wouldn't have wanted to fire it much. The 12 rounder felt great though, nice trigger and good pointer. Price was $520 and 12 rd mag was another $52, if it was $520 with one 10 and one 12 I might have bought it. Now not so sure it's better than my Shield 9.
Old November 26, 2018, 06:41 AM   #65
OhioGuy

Since the P365 lacks either a trigger dingus or any sort of thumb/grip safety, how is drop safety accounted for? I believe that was the very issue with the P320's triggers having enough inertia to "pull themselves" when the gun was dropped facing upwards.

Also, the user manual is full of references to a thumb safety model. Is that just vaporware?

I really like the gun. I've rented one twice and it shoots surprisingly well for such a small gun. On its own merits, and not just for the extra capacity, it's a very nice gun. I may get one. I'm just curious why it wouldn't have the same safety issues that its larger P320 siblings had.
Old November 26, 2018, 07:27 AM   #66
FITASC

Quote:
I think the issue is whether or not this, 'designed for carry' handgun, inspires confidence if it's ever really needed. Would you get a car that was known for exploding airbags that might blind you or perhaps have the accelerator stick and cause you to do a 90mph crash?

I wouldn't. Sig is giganto but to have 'new models' with much advertised issues(P320 also)..and 'maybe' have them to not work perfectly for that 'shot'? no thanks.

Between my son and I, we have owned or do own 9 Glocks..never have had any issue with any of them, ever..I know small sample size but still.
And yet you are hearing nothing but good reports here about the gun (and I will bet on similar forums too). If it were all bad, that would be front and center; bad news always trumps good news when it comes to guns and folks talking about them. I also own Glocks, they have always gone bang; but this fits my hand SO much better
Old November 26, 2018, 08:26 AM   #67
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by FITASC View Post
And yet you are hearing nothing but good reports here about the gun (and I will bet on similar forums too). If it were all bad, that would be front and center; bad news always trumps good news when it comes to guns and folks talking about them. I also own Glocks, they have always gone bang; but this fits my hand SO much better
I was referring to the gent that was uneasy about the reported problems and how it applies to his 'confidence' in this handgun.
Quote:
Only one 'report' but not hard to find.
https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/commen...me_issues_the/

Look, if ya like it, it fits your hand well, go ahead and buy it, carry it, shoot it..the P365, and many many others, are fine choices. I'm not slamming this handgun, but again, was commenting on the gent who may not have 'confidence' in it.

"Tools not Trophies”
Old November 26, 2018, 10:31 AM   #68
FITASC

OK, gotcha!
Old November 26, 2018, 10:40 AM   #69
CLYA

Quote:
I was referring to the gent that was uneasy about the reported problems and how it applies to his 'confidence' in this handgun.
After first reading about the Sig 365 on a non Sig forum, I did some mass research throughout many forums, written reviews, and videos. I do like spending many hours of reading. Besides, I read rather fast.

At the end of the day, the positives far outweighed the negatives, especially with the factory changes and newer builds. That gave me enough confidence to buy one. Since that one has worked so well, and has the accuracy of my larger caliber, longer barreled semi's, I had no problem with my wife picking one up also.

edit: well, not exactly the accuracy of some of my long barreled semi's, that are true target built guns. But still much better than some of my other mini lengths.
Old November 26, 2018, 12:49 PM   #70
OhioGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLYA View Post
After first reading about the Sig 365 on a non Sig forum, I did some mass research throughout many forums, written reviews, and videos. I do like spending many hours of reading. Besides, I read rather fast.

At the end of the day, the positives far outweighed the negatives, especially with the factory changes and newer builds. That gave me enough confidence to buy one. Since that one has worked so well, and has the accuracy of my larger caliber, longer barreled semi's, I had no problem with my wife picking one up also.

edit: well, not exactly the accuracy of some of my long barreled semi's, that are true target built guns. But still much better than some of my other mini lengths.
I've been eyeing this pistol for quite a while. Like you, I've seen the positives far outweigh the negatives among Sig owners on various forums, and personal acquaintances. Gun owners are a pretty open and honest bunch, and I don't see any fanboy-ism running amuck. people are generally happy with their guns.

To what I think may be your point: this gun seems to be optimized around the most likely scenario that someone would encounter *if* they ever had to defend themselves with a firearm. It makes use of the most widely used caliber in the world and can leverage some really impressive bullet designs of recent years for short-barreled 9mm pistols. It's small enough to be easily concealed and carried in almost any wardrobe. It's light and unobtrusive and won't punish you for carrying it, but has enough capacity that you don't ever need to feel under-prepared. Stats say that almost all defensive encounters happen at 15' or usually less, where a flash sight picture or none at all will be all you get. This gun gives you a bright neon yellow front sight that's quite easy to see even when you're looking at the target. You can add their instinctive laser sight to really rock the fast target acquisition especially in low light (after much training, I personally have come to think that a green laser sight is an ideal self defense tool at about 40' and under, which "should" handle almost any self defense situation. And should longer shots be required, the gun is perfectly capable of making them, so long as the shooter has trained with the challenges of making accurate shots with micro pistols.

I don't have a P365 yet, but I soon may. Will I ever shoot as well with it as I do with my 5" barrel Walther PPQ Match? Probably not, but that's too big to carry. My usual carry is a CZ P-07 (about Glock 19 size). It's a formidable pistol, and I do carry it, but man, it starts feeling big and heavy after a few hours. So my usual carry is a Walther PPS with green laser. The Sig gives me almost the same capacity as my P-07, at the size of the PPS. What's not to love?

And my rock-solid Walther just fell under a huge recall. Any company can have problems.
Old November 27, 2018, 10:36 PM   #71
davidsog

Quote:
If you feel the extra rounds are necessary than the Sig might be a choice. Personally, I do not care.
First time for everything I guess. Personally I never heard the words, "I have too much ammo" ever uttered in any firefight.

Old November 28, 2018, 12:30 AM   #72
tomrkba

Tiny, holds 11 rounds of 9mm and comes with night sights. It sounds like a great tool for concealed carry. If you want a weapon with “soul”, buy an Albion Viceroy.
Old November 28, 2018, 07:40 AM   #73
Road_Clam

"Impulse buy=Impulse sell".

My wife and I rented a 365 and it wasn't a good fit for her. There is NO CC platform semi that will feel "perfect" in the hand. The 365 felt the "best" in my wife's hand, but the 9mm had some elevated recoil that my wife was concerned about. My wife ended up choosing the Sig 238 in .380 for Carry. The Sig 238 in .380 was the perfect compromise of good feel and a smooth controllable shooter per my wife's feedback.

Last edited by Road_Clam; November 28, 2018 at 07:49 AM.
Old December 5, 2018, 09:44 PM   #74
franco45

I'm very happy with my P365. I've only put about 300 rounds through it so far but I've had no problems of any kind. It is extremely accurate and has minimal recoil for a gun of it's size. I've been carrying a Kahr CM9 for several years. The Sig is just as easy to carry and having 4 more rounds in the same small package is comforting.
Old December 7, 2018, 07:59 AM   #75
blackhillsken

I got a P365 in October. After 450 rounds, still getting used to it. Never had a micro before & for me, it's gonna take more practice. Changed the front sight & added a Hogue grip cover which helped a lot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk