The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 15, 2014, 09:12 AM   #1
IdahoG36

New PX4 Inox 9mm

I went down to my local gun store/range Tuesday to shoot my new Nano, and browsed the gun cases while I waited for a lane to open up. They had a LNIB PX4 INOX full size 9mm for a good price. I have been wanting one of these for awhile, so I decided to purchase it.

I only put 50 rounds through it that day, but it was a pleasure to shoot. It had low recoil and was accurate, and the SA trigger is pretty good on it.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the PX4. It fits my hand like a glove with the small backstrap installed.

I also purchased a Ruger 10/22 50th anniversary design contest rifle that day as well. I have wanted one of those since I laid eyes on it. Finally found one. The Mrs. just shook her head when I got home haha.

Old August 15, 2014, 10:31 AM   #2
Wishoot

Nice! Congratulations.
Old August 15, 2014, 06:49 PM   #3
LockedBreech

Freakin' Beretta. I was super happy with my PX4 .40 fullsize then they had to go release the Inox variants and now I need one of them. Looks good
Old August 16, 2014, 07:47 AM   #4
IdahoG36

Mine is a Type F. I followed the conversion instructions over on the Beretta forum and converted it to a Type G this morning. Type F is a safety/decocker, Type G is a decocker only.

The conversion is awesome. I was set to spend $70 on the conversion kit. Then I found the instruction for a DIY job. You just remove the safety levers from the slide, remove a ball bearing and spring from the left safety lever (this is what keeps the safety lever held down when it's engaged), and optional- dremel off the hook on the right safety lever that engages the trigger disconnect.

If you don't remove the hook, it really doesn't affect function, but it's not a true Type G then.

Anyways, it was really easy and came out great. I HATE slide mounted safeties, but I don't mind a slide mounted decocker at all. Flick the lever down, decock the gun, and it's ready to use again in DA.
Old August 16, 2014, 09:37 AM   #5
TailGator

Very nice. My daughter has a compact, and she and I both shoot it as well as any pistol we have handled. It is a nice pistol in the hand, and real easy on recoil. I like 'em.
Old August 16, 2014, 10:50 AM   #6
N R A

Have a sub compact in black. I was not aware the INOX version was being made.

Removing your safety increases your exposure to litagation and a host of other issues. Not something I would do if you gave me the gun. Just me.

If your gun is ever involved in a shooting, the issue will come up, and not to your benefit. If a ND happens and someone is hurt, say goodbye to everything your life currently holds dear.

Last edited by N R A; August 16, 2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old August 16, 2014, 12:37 PM   #7
RX-79G

Only if someone notices that the safety isn't there, and then only if they relalize it wasn't originally one of the incredible number of decock-only pistols that already exist. Most police agencies have trouble just keeping track of evidence, let alone subjecting every firearm to some in depth mechanical analysis. CSI isn't real.

All he did was convert the gun to a configuration that Beretta already sells.
Old August 16, 2014, 07:00 PM   #8
IdahoG36

I would never alter a firearm in an unsafe manner. All that has been done is to convert it from one factory offered configuration to another. The firearm is perfectly safe and the only way an ND would occur is if it were due to unsafe handling practices.

Here is a photo of the two safeties. I added text and arrows to show the modification.