The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 23, 2013, 09:04 AM   #1
10 Spot Terminator

Old Hornady Spire Points in fast twist .223 ???

I recently aqquired several hundred older (1980's) Hornady 60 gr. Spire Point bullets in a trade. These are the ones with the cannelure in them although I wont be seating them that short. I am looking to try them in my Tikka T3 Lite which has a 1 in 8 twist. I am looking for those of you who may have some hands on expierience with this bullet and give me a push in the right direction. Accuracy not speed is my primary objective here and would appreciate any feedback as to how these bullets performed on small to medium game. Are they a moderate hunting bullet and hold together fairly well or are they more of a varmit rated bullet. I have no early Hornady manuals to refference these too. Look forward to your replies and thanks for looking guys.

10 Spot