The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 1, 2002, 08:08 PM   #1
emann

Blade-Tech Holster Question

Has anyone here used a OWB beltloop type Blade-Tech kydex holster.Not the new cheaper injection molded type but the handmade one.I am thinking about getting a FBI cant one for a Glock.I would like to know how they are as far as fit and finish.Also has anyone had a problem with the beltloop screws working themselves loose?Lastly how does the cheaper injection molded holster compare to this one both lookwise and fit?
Old August 2, 2002, 05:15 AM   #2
AK103K

I have a Blade-Tech OWB(FBI cant) holster for my 1911. I have a couple of their holsters, all of which are well made. I also have a couple of Uncle Mikes injection holsters. It's sort of like comparing apples to oranges to compare them though. The Blade-Techs are a much heavier material but the Uncle Mikes do do the job. I think the Blade-Techs look a lot nicer, not that looks really matter. The Blade-Techs loop screws are the same screws that tension the gun in the holster. Ive never had problem with my holster loosening up although I do have to occasionally tighten my double mag pouches screws. You would know if it was getting loose right away if it ever did by the way the gun clicked in when you holstered it. Blade-Tech makes good stuff, I wouldnt hesitate to order from them again.
Old August 2, 2002, 08:48 AM   #3
Jhp147

Blade-Tech

I have a straight drop OWB. I've done a year or so of IDPA and occassional carry with it. No problems, my comments would mirror those above. I have a single mag pouch with the Tech-lok system. If my holster is any indicator, these holsters are overbuilt, solid. Haven't seen the injection molded versions personally.
Old August 7, 2002, 02:04 PM   #4
emann

Wow!!!

Well I just got the holster via UPS and wow is it sharp looking!That carbon fiber is neat looking.This holster is definently top notch but then again I paid $70 for it so it ought to be.