The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 14, 2010, 03:12 PM   #1
AJG

Minerals & Attractants in Va........

Okay, so here is a question for those of you/us from Virginia that utilize mineral bricks, mineral powder, mineral spray or anyother type of attractant/feed. How many take the time to make sure that all traces of the mineral/attractant/feed and the tainted soil are removed prior to the start of the season? The VDGIF regulation pamphlet stat that you cannot use feed/minerals or attractants after 1 Sept. but you also must remove the tainted soil as well. It doesnt say it in the regs, but a buddy of mine found that out by receiving a ticket for it. A bit strange that a bale of hay isnt considered feed and that you need to remove tainted soil....
I've written to a few of the attractant manufacturers to find out the life expectancy of thier products once sprayed in the field, but until then....
How many take the time to make sure that all traces of the mineral/attractant/feed and the tainted soil are removed prior to the start of the season?
Old December 15, 2010, 02:19 PM   #2
Hog Buster

What a bunch of BS..... Who writes VA regulations, PETA?...... Do you have to use sterilized silver bullets too?..... Thank God I live in Louisiana.......