The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 10, 2010, 12:31 PM   #1
AdamSean

Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster

I have been experimenting with different types of holsters that I can use while I am at work. I am a security guard over night and as the weather is beginning to warm up I can't use my Serpa holster covered by a jacket. Lately, I have been using a Galco Tuck N Go IWB to hold my Sig Sauer P250 SC. It really isn't very comfortable and also prints badly. I recieved my new holster to try today. I bought a Pistol Wear Trump Card shoulder holster. I liked the idea of the holster as it can be worn as a shoulder or waist carry and it is sweat proof.

Hear it is with my Sig P250.

This is how close it stays to the body.

And it is totally concealable with my work uniform.

I have been wearing it around the house for the past few hours and it is very comfortable. I also plan on using it during my daily runs. It seems to stay in place. I would definitely recommend this to people who have to wear business clothes. Sits nicely.
Old May 10, 2010, 01:49 PM   #2
ClydeFrog

access, state-local laws...

The system does look like it conceals well, but it also looks like you'd have a limited or slow draw in a critical incident. You may not be able to pull out or deploy your P250 quickly.
I'm also interested in knowing if you are a licensed security officer or hold a valid CCW. In my state, armed licensed security officers can carry concealed firearms but only on temp type details. By state law all firearms must be open carry and in holsters. Licensed private investigators by state law must conceal all firearms(9mm/.38spl/.380acp) while on duty. CCWs/concealed licenses are considered seperate and do not apply to security/PIs.

PM me if you wish.

Clyde
Old May 10, 2010, 03:36 PM   #3
AdamSean

I admit it is a slower draw than my usual Serpa or IWB carry, but I had to find something that I could conceal with my uniform. We are not a 'Licsensed' security division so I cannot open carry. I only carry to defend myself against anything that only involves me and someone wishing to harm me. Most things I handle related to work only involve reporting what I see and I try to remain out of sight when I am observing strange happenings.

My employer allows us to keep a weapon in our personal vehicles as long as we are a CCW holder, which I am, but if I am about to be attached and possibly killed, screw company policy. I will take losing my job over losing my life.
Old May 10, 2010, 04:29 PM   #4
ClydeFrog

State-local laws, CCW, company SOP, civil lawsuits...

If I were in your position, I'd review the state/local laws concerning CCW and firearms. I'm not a AL resident do not know the state laws that involve the private security industry or protective services but if you are not following your company's SOP(rules) and you have a use of force incident you could face civil actions along with your employer(and very likely the security client).
I can understand your concerns about safety & security but you should carry & use firearms in a legal way or IAW company policy. If you really feel unsafe doing your job unarmed then you should either; get into another line of work or go and get a formal armed security/protective service position. Times are tough and I know it's not easy but if you look around you can find decent armed posts that pay well or offer good working conditions.
There are many licensed security officers/supervisors/company managers who either do not know or do not follow state laws/policy. This is counter-productive to the security industry standards and makes it harder for the licensed officers/mgrs would comply with the laws/policy.