The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old July 27, 2008, 12:24 AM   #1
moonpie312

Mossberg 100 ATR 30-06

I'm wondering, does anybody know of aftermarket stocks for this gun? and what can be done if any to tweak it a little? the trigger pull is okay, but i think it could be better, there are some adjustment looking screws with jam nuts on the trigger assembly. anybody know anything?
Old July 27, 2008, 06:44 AM   #2
Davis

I know the triggers are based on the Howa 1500. I don't know if they are exact. The stocks from the 4x4 would work, but those look just plain wrong to my luddite eyes. I don't know of another source for stocks than that. I know that, even though these are based on the Howa 1500 design, Howa, or Weatherby, or Mossberg 1500 stocks will not work.

Davis
Old July 28, 2008, 04:08 AM   #3
moonpie312

well my problem was i got the gun used and the front molder sling stud was broke. i wanted a new stock for it. but i havent had any luck with finding one. so today i gently ground out the rest of the broke piece and smoothed it all out and just put a normal sling swivel stud on it. it turned out way better than i thought it was going to. i LOVE Mossberg. but i think that was a stupid move. putting the molded sling studs on it. so i no longer need a stock. im happy with what i did to it.
Old July 28, 2008, 06:37 AM   #4
mniesen89

moonpie, I had the same problem, I put a bipod on the plastic stud and sure enough "POP" the sucker broker right off. I was so ******,I used a dremel smoothed it down and applied a metal stud,problem solved!
Old July 28, 2008, 06:41 AM   #5
Davis

Yeah, I'm not impressed by them. However, it seemed Remington was impressed as they copied the design in their 770.

Davis
Old July 28, 2008, 04:19 PM   #6
norsecat

ATR stock

I have the previous incarnation of the ATR.
It is a cast copy of the Howa 1500.
You can get a stock from the importer in Reno NV.
Or any Howa long action or Weatherby.
Some fitting will be needed but you can get a very high qualty stock if you wnt
Or you can glue a small mettle plate in the stock and drill a new hole for a new sling mount.
I.R. A Gunsmith
Old July 28, 2008, 06:59 PM   #7
Davis

The bolt locations are wrong.

Davis
Old July 29, 2008, 03:54 AM   #8
moonpie312

I appreciate all the input guys. just so happens that yesterday i went and bought me a good bipod for it and a NC Star 3-9X50 with sniper recticle and lighted reticle. i know its a cheap scope, it only cost 80 bucks. but i really like the scope. had to buy a front weaver extension mount so the rings would work right. a lot of people say that reall expensive scopes are the only way to go, but ive done a whole lotta good work with cheap stuff. the bushnell 4-12x40 i got on my Marlin .17 HMR was only 70 bucks and i gotta tell you thats a really good scope. this however is my first NC Star scope, i really like it and it has a lifetime warranty.