The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 26, 2013, 05:50 AM   #26
Pond, James Pond

DISAPPOINTED and perhaps a little relieved too.

Went to see the Sig today and it was very beautiful, granted, but it was in fact a 230SL with only one mag.

What was already a lot of money, had seemed justified as it was the gun I lusted over in so many picture threads, and had been a good price compared to new.

Now, not so much, and I didn't want to spend nearly €500 on a gun that was almost what I wanted, but not quite, IYKWIM.

So I passed on it. There was also a Makarov from either Bulgaria or East Germany (the guy was not sure, just that it was not Russian: some frame stamps gave it away). There was also a CZ83 that was quite old too.

Tempting, but am I now looking at stuff to console myself over the disappointment of the Sig? Quite possible, knowing me.

As I've said, the Mak I have a soft spot for, but in reality, it is no smaller than my G19, so that would not be such a wise buy and not even based on good old-fashioned infatuation.

Tomorrow, I will stop by another shop to have a quick look at the Astra 5000. They also have a Mak and a CZ83, but honestly, this is more about gun-fondling than actually buying.

Oh well.... Live to spend another day...